can i get a map explaination

i thought i had a fairly resonable understanding to maps but i saw this one provided by xenocron its just a base map to but im a little confused

my specs are:
b18a
.50a/r turbo
with a/c and p/s
38mm gate
2inch dump to 2.5inch exhaust
440cc injectors

i dont quite understand y the injector duty is sooo high.
why i have hi and low cam (i thought hi cam was for vtec)
and y my fuel values are all over the place…

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

is that your base map chris did for you?

And that 2inch dump to 2.5inch exhaust is no good you wont make 250whp with that

y not? the exhaust wheel is only 2inch on the turbo… y do i need to go bigger

yes it was a stock map but…

the program stuffed up and wouldnt read it right thats y it looks all stuffed around… its fixed now thanks though…

can you explain how you fixed this issue? i’m seeing the same things on a map that i got from him, and a few that i found online. thanks

It is generally caused by a fault import of the maps. Depending on what code base was used, the version of Crome, importing maps from a different ROM editing program, or a simple file corruption.

If you look at the RPM and MAP scales, they are all jumbled up as well.

so would redownloading the bin help? or is there nothing i can do?? any way to tell which program it belongs to if it isn’t for crome? (i’m using crome) i do know its a p30 base, don’t think that’ll help though.

mine is a little different from the ones shown, all my rpm scalars on the left are 500 except the last that is 7936, and all the mbar scalars on top are 114 except the last that is 1035 (low cam), and high cam is the same for mbar and the rpms are all 0 till the bottom and it’s 8979. hardly anything in ANY of the maps, bunch of zeros, some scattered numbers (like the maps a-man posted)

this is a map i got from xenocron, he said it was the last bin he’s got for my car (from previous owner) i figured he’d tell me if it wasn’t crome.

it was the computer and the install

reinstall crome and c if that fixes it

if not try another computer and try re read the chip

ok i figured it all out, all my problems were stemming down to having to deal with Vista and me not running crome as an administrator program. now plugins work fine, my bin reads perfect.

I showed this to my head tuner and as I understand it this is classic bin import failure. Stick this it’s good to know how to recognize it and fix the issue. Good deal.