can i put the lexan window on the driver & pass doors?

Whats goin my DA fam so am making my 90 DA a track car(drag) am in the process of gutting everything out and am been tryin to fig out for some time htf can i put the lexan window on the driver & pass doors?? Being that theres no frame on the doors i want to gut out the doors but i cant just race with no windows?? Lol has n e one come up wit some solutions?? Do i just accept and have to race wit heavy ass doors?? Plz input!!!

Bump, n e one can lend me a hand?? A thought??? Something!!!

you can rivet the lexan to the inside of the door where the normal glass would be and make it the same size so that when its intstalled, it site the same as the normal window would.

i dont see why that wouldnt work…

I c what u saying, so make the lexan the same size and shape as if it would be if i had the glass there, humm sounds like a plan but do u think the constant opening and closing will fuck i up? Damn bro ur fuckin genius i think that might work thanks alot bro

So i guess my next mission will be fig out where i can get the custom lexan for the hatch (trunk) thoughts n e one,

Lmao I figured thats what people already do…

how about putting a thin aluminum border along the whole edge of the window for a little more rigidity if youre worried about that

On the border on the lexan?

you can fabricate one like this.

Yes

I doubt this will work with the frameless windows. The lexan isn’t curved, so you’d need an aluminum frame to hold the shape and seal them against the weatherstripping. Once you do that, forget about them going up an down. And if it’s a track car, you can’t race with the windows up anyway, you’ll need a net for any sanctioned racing and for track days you need the windows down.

I’m planning on doing something like this (scroll down to where it says “removable windows.”) The idea is to remove the regulator and be able to gut the door for NASCAR style door bars, but still have some weatherproofing for storage and/or driving it to and from the track. Just pop the windows out when you get to the track and put them somewhere they won’t break.

[QUOTE=steronz;2305220]I doubt this will work with the frameless windows. The lexan isn’t curved, so you’d need an aluminum frame to hold the shape and seal them against the weatherstripping. Once you do that, forget about them going up an down. And if it’s a track car, you can’t race with the windows up anyway, you’ll need a net for any sanctioned racing and for track days you need the windows down.
It’s actually not too hard to form lexan. You could use a heat gun and form it over your stock windows. This method would actually work without a frame except for the fact that I don’t think it would be very strong at the mounting points in the door and you may end up with cracks really quickly. But there may also be ways to add support in that area so it does not crack. Regardless, it’d be something custom and there’d be some trial and error.

[QUOTE=steronz;2305220]
I’m planning on doing something like this (scroll down to where it says “removable windows.”) The idea is to remove the regulator and be able to gut the door for NASCAR style door bars, but still have some weatherproofing for storage and/or driving it to and from the track. Just pop the windows out when you get to the track and put them somewhere they won’t break.[/QUOTE]
Neat idea!

[QUOTE=steronz;2305220]I doubt this will work with the frameless windows. The lexan isn’t curved, so you’d need an aluminum frame to hold the shape and seal them against the weatherstripping. Once you do that, forget about them going up an down. And if it’s a track car, you can’t race with the windows up anyway, you’ll need a net for any sanctioned racing and for track days you need the windows down.

I’m planning on doing something like this (scroll down to where it says “removable windows.”) The idea is to remove the regulator and be able to gut the door for NASCAR style door bars, but still have some weatherproofing for storage and/or driving it to and from the track. Just pop the windows out when you get to the track and put them somewhere they won’t break.[/QUOTE]

First off, in the state of new jersey it is leagel to race with windows close, am drag racing not circut, am not wxpecting wit ever open tje window and am cutting the door and sheel( gutting it out) as a metter of fact ur not allowed to drag with the windows open here in new jersey, thanks for your input tho,

Sorry, had road course on my brain. That’s what I get for assuming.

Plz dont b thanks for ur input bro