Can't remove stuck window regulator

I was told by a auto shop that my window regulator and motor are bad after my window stopped rowing up stuck half way. They quote me 500 to do the job with both parts and labor. I refuse to have it done and instead told them to put the window in the up position for me which they did.

Anyways so far I removed the door panel covers and from what I understand from the repair manual the next step I was suppose to do was to remove the window assembly by first rowing the window down but I can’t. When I push the button to row the window all i hear is the motor making noise and a popping sound with a slight shift of the window glass but its not going down. Since I can’t get the window down (from what I can understand) I cannot position the window regulator to the proper position to remove the nut/bolts.

Any suggestions? I am thinking about pushing the button to roll the window down and pushing the window down with my hand at the same time to see if it goes…

holding the button down and pushing the window down slowly will work HOWEVER its not a good idea. if your regulator is already stripped and not working this will make things worse…gl replacing it. its quite the task…

:frowning: that doesn’t sound too optimistic…

I doubt I am the only one with a stuck regulator that wont budge…whats the best way to approach this? I haven’t shoved the window down yet I have work this week and need the window up…