cant rewire bumper lights with sidemarkers?

can anybody tell me how to wire my bumper lights to come on with the corners and have sidemarkers do the same at the same time? i tried it by connecting all 3 positives to each other and all 3 negatives to each other. the corners and the blinker went out just on the side that i was doing. it only went out for like 3 or 4 seconds then started working if i disconnected the bumper light. any help is appreciated thanx

The front side markers are controled by the cars ICU, they blink on for hazard or signal lights, turn on for park lights and blink off for hazard and signal lights if park lights are on, your front signal lights, [bumper lights] are controled by the hazard and signal light switches directly.

I assume by “side markers” you mean you have added euro type lights on fenders just in front of the doors, is that correct?

If so, you may be overloading the ICU, I would add a relay for each side, use the front side marker pos.(+) leads, [left- green/white and right- green/red to power the side markers and control the relay, connect the front signal lights, [bumper lights] and your “side markers” pos.(+) to the relays, the grounds can stay as they are.

This will probably lead to a faster blink as you no longer have the front signal lights as a load on the flasher, like burnt out bulbs. 94

sorry but can you explain further? like what kind of relay i need to add? and how to wire it up. i dont know much about relays

This will help… http://www.the12volt.com/relays/relays.asp 94

ok that explains what a relay is. i need to know how to wire the relay up to my lights

Like this…

#86 of relays to ground, [chassis]
#30 of relays from batt. pos.(+) fused.
#87 to pos.(+) lead of signal lights, [green/blue - left and green/yellow - right] also the pos.(+) of your euro side markers.
#85 of relays from front side marker pos.(+), [green/white - left and green/red - right] this will be a parallel connection with the relays and the front side markers. 94

ok thanx. i have one more question, its off topic. my cooling fan relay went out and its a 3 day order for one, can i hook one of these relays to it and it work like it should? tia

Yes, although I am not sure it will fit the plug, you may need to make jumpers or depin the terminals.
#30- black
#87- blue
#85- yellow/ green
#86- black/yellow

If the stock relay is a SPST, [no #87a] you can just get a SPST relay or just remove the #87a pin from the relay.94

ok ill have to do that today. thanx for everything

ok so i picked up the relays. what do i do with 87a? can i just leave it blank on both the lights and fan?

Yes, leave it “blank”.94

figured it out. thanx fcm. u saved me once again

[QUOTE=fcm;2006933]Like this…

#86 of relays to ground, [chassis]
#30 of relays from batt. pos.(+) fused.
#87 to pos.(+) lead of signal lights, [green/blue - left and green/yellow - right] also the pos.(+) of your euro side markers, and the pos.(+)of the euro sidemarkers #85 of relays from front side marker pos.(+), [green/white - left and green/red - right] this will be a parallel connection with the relays and the front side markers. 94[/QUOTE]

one question. for number 87 you said euro sidemarkers twice. was one of those supposed to bumper lights?

you said euro sidemarkers twice
Oops, just a mistake, brain on autopilot. :roll: 94

lol no problem. just clarifying. thanx