Car Cover - Motor Trend

Motor Trend SafeKeeper All Weather Car Cover - Advanced Protection Formula - Waterproof 6-Layer for Outdoor Use, for Sedans Up to 190" L (OC-643N)

I bought this instead of a custom car cover due to the cost ($80) and the temporary need for the car cover for one of my Integras that will be parked outside. I will say this fits really well and is thick, with a reflective surface which will be good in the Florida sun. There are no mirror pockets, because I heard that the pockets are stress/failure points for most car covers that are not custom made. This also comes with 3 straps that are usually an extra cost.

Pictures to follow and a one-month update.

Been a month, how’s the cover?

Thanks for the reminder! It’s holding up fine after two months. I’ve also used some UV protectant on the cover after about a month.

I would say it’s not as breathable at it says. The day after a rain, I do see a lot of condensation inside the engine bay (I opened it up to see what was going on). On subsequent rainy days, I didn’t open it up, but checked it a few days afterward. There was some of that aluminum oxidation around several bolts – as if water had been sitting on it for a while. Since it had dried up by that point, I sprayed some WD40 all over those spots. They look fine again. I think I’ll keep doing that just to keep things lubricated/protected anyway.

As you can see, the fit is a bit loose, but for $80 I think it’s fine considering.

Thanks for the update. I might pick one up. Wish I still had the OEM one. I wonder if they’re still available for newer models, like RSX or even Civic coupes that may be close in terms of size.
-nino