Car shakes like a mofo

ok my car is LOUD and it shakes like a mofo… I have a CAI and exhaust and my engine is LOUD as hell. I don’t here any knocking but I don’t think it seem right can anyone help me out.

Things to look at
-Drivebelts (may need adjustment or change) loud squeeling noise coming from them
-Valves (may need adjustment, open your hood and if you hear ticking noises coming from cylinder head it’s time for one)
-Fuel injectors (may need to be cleaned or replaced)-can be a ticking noise but valves will be louder if they need adjustment
-exhaust leak
you might want to do a compression test to see if all our cylinders are alright…could also be motor mounts if it’s vibrating bad in the car…
Thats all I can think of at the moment :cool:

car shakes

is it comin from the motor or the wheels if so you might have a bad axle or bad drive rain bearings?

It’s coming from the engine… I wasn’t as bad before… when I drop it to neutal it would somewhat go away but now it’s louder and worst with my new exhaust upgrade.

Pop your hood and pull your throttle cable and try to listen where it’s coming from. I know I had a bearing go out on one of my pulleys for the A/C i think and it made a hidieous noise. As for the shaking, you might want to make sure you have all your motor mounts on, sometimes they break, but they shouldn’t, might just be loose, but that can be a reason why your engine would be shaking.

both my motor mounts on the sides are broken… my car still dont shake that much… only after my clutch went in it started to shake

pleather, you have more than 2 motor mounts by the way… not dogging ya… just informing ya… i had two broken also. you can buy better mounts than factory and they are not that much more $$$$. it is recommended if you are putting some horses to the ground…i would replace them first and RSteg…how many miles on motor?? you might be do for internals.

Where are the motor mounts and how do I know they’re broken? I’ve got 120K on my car, and it shakes/vibrates - esp. at idle.

TIA,
-Rick

CV Joints?

Could be your CV joints, but usually they make a clunking sound as they come loose.

sojourner, well the first two motor mounts are the ovious ones… the two you can see up top… the other two that you can’t see are the hard ones to replace( i had mine done when i rebuilt the motor,) and i recommend having it done by a pro engine builder… the reason? the guys that did my motor built the first prototype honda supercharged motor, and THEY cursed at having to do the bottom two mounts.(and the motor was already outta the car) now mine might have been jammed or something too, i didn’t ask too much detail but i do know you have to take the pressure off of the mounts to get them out or in for that matter… and requires pretty much a cherry picker to hoist the motor out, which as you know takes a lot of disassembly of the hoses and clutch, etc… sooooooo if you are a skilled mechanic, and have the equip, you can kinda see them from under the car… a little further twards the firewall then the top ones…but if you are gonna do them, do it right and get the aftermarket noepreen ones. k? (i think it neopreen… anyway they will know which ones, not rubber). if you want a detailed location for them, i can probably fax a copy of the scematic to ya…that’s all for now… and as always, emails are welcome