CAR WONT START/Postive starter wire and negative battery melts

So my bro just recently installed a new starter on my car 4 days ago
and when it was finished it started right up i drove it for 2 days no problem at all.
so i washed my car yesterday start it up n drove around the block.as i turn off the car for a sec n turn it back on to go into the garage it wouldnt start i start smelling smoke n seeing smoke and i see my negative wire for the battery melted the plastic around it,and also the postive for the starter melted too and melted the black cover around it i think its part of the harness wire tht also goes to postive terminal on battery…but i see a loose peice of metal plate near my starter tht looks like it suppose to be screwed in somewhere im thinking its a short,and my damn brother didnt screw it in where it suppose to bhe…HELP ME OUt is that the problem??

i would definitely just hook that ground back up. check the terminals at the starter and battery and check fuses and relays…

Sounds like you have either a shorted out starter motor or starter solenoid.

Pull the starter and bench test it. 94

[QUOTE=fcm;2259361]Sounds like you have either a shorted out starter motor or starter solenoid.

Pull the starter and bench test it. 94[/QUOTE]

Starter selnoid 100%

ur lucky…mine started projecting iron from the terminal itself melting upon contact of negitive side of battery!! i push started for weeks b4 i figured it out

thanks guys,there was a bracket off the old starter and i installed it to the new one and hooked up the ground tht goes to it and it started up first try :] ima happy guy lol