Carbon fiber hatch with a jdm spoiler

by any chance are you going to sell the wing if you dont install it on your trunk.

i dunno

Use big washer like stated before and make sure you use a rubber washer to help absorb any shock. I would use a 2" washer min.

My experience with carbon fiber is in making a carbon fiber front end for my crx and other parts and I can tell you if you do not reinforce it will crack. In addition, when drilling use a small bit go slow and run the drill backwards it sounds weird but if run it forward the edge of the bit will grab at the fibers and crack you hatch. The other option is to use a rasp and Dremel but be careful one slip and you will be pissed. I can take some pics later of some of the reinforcing I had to do. One thing that has worked for me in the past was to drill the hole, line up the washer and fiberglass into place and then redrill the hole. This way the washer does not move and is bonded to the carbon fiber. Just be careful when mixing the fiberglass not to get it too hot or you will distort the carbon fiber finish.

go wingless…especially on a carbon hood…

and i’ve been thinking about doing what you want to do with the carbon hatch and lexan windows(to rear sides and hatch) but minus the spoiler…