Cargo Cover / Privacy Panel Wrap DIY

Hi,

I recently picked up a Cargo Cover / Privacy Panel for my DB2. I got it from a junkyard and it is blue and id like to re-wrap it to a factory looking dark grey/back oem style color. I searched on here and a few other sites and didn’t find much on this. I’ve seen the walkthroughs for door panels but I thought this may be slightly different with the brackets. Just wondering if anyone has done this before or had any suggestions for doing it.

Also, do you think the fabric now should be removed or just wrap over top of?
I attached a few pics of the one i grabbed for reference.

[QUOTE=somethingcoupe;2331668]Hi,

I recently picked up a Cargo Cover / Privacy Panel for my DB2. I got it from a junkyard and it is blue and id like to re-wrap it to a factory looking dark grey/back oem style color. I searched on here and a few other sites and didn’t find much on this. I’ve seen the walkthroughs for door panels but I thought this may be slightly different with the brackets. Just wondering if anyone has done this before or had any suggestions for doing it.

Also, do you think the fabric now should be removed or just wrap over top of?
I attached a few pics of the one i grabbed for reference.[/QUOTE]

I personally plan wash and then use an SEM product to “paint” mine. Supossedly they work well on carpets, so I think this should be very similar. If that fails to turn out satisfactorily, I will also be looking to wrap mine is something else.

This isn’t a bad approach, because you can still end up wrapping it if you don’t like the results. The one i picked up is starting to peel along the sides but if the washing and painting fabric worked, I could just apply some adhesive to it. Let me know how your progress goes.

If you plan on recovering it you should definitely remove the old material. On a different not what part of louisville do you live in, i use to live in jefferson county

Rit dye is is way better then sem dye, i would look into using that instead. I used that to dye my interior and hatch area carpet

Thanks for the heads up. I don’t live in louisville anymore but I lived off poplar lvl road near camp taylor. I also lived in southern indiana for quite a few years and was around the louisville area then.

Thanks for the heads up.