CF hoods compared.

Im in the process of buying a carbon fiber hood…Passwordjdm has them for 329 and i think jdmshit.com has them for 329 shipped…

Are these bad hoods?
Do i really need to pay 500 for a ViS to get it to fit right?
I searched honda-tech.com and they have claimed the hoods(jdmshit.com) fit PERFECT on an EG chassis but what about our DAs?

buying a no-name CF hood is like buying a copied bodykit, you can never be sure of the quality until you get it, then its too late cause they won’t take it back and you’ve just wasted $330 on shit…thats my take on it, buy from a reputable company and you get a good product.
there was a thread posted before, someone here bought a CF hood from Jdmshit.com, if he got it yet you could email him and ask about the quality. but again, buying a no-name aka copied aka hacked hood or bodykit is not a good idea.

thnx!
Thats how i look at things too; but sometimes you get lucky with some of these hoods…
Do recall who had a jdmshit hood?
nick

Originally posted by streetracer007

there was a thread posted before, someone here bought a CF hood from Jdmshit.com, if he got it yet you could email him and ask about the quality. but again, buying a no-name aka copied aka hacked hood or bodykit is not a good idea.

was it me? LoL…i know i posted before but i didnt buy one i wanted to search me lol

I got a VIS CF hood and the thing was a piece of crap. I would never make the mistake of getting another one, no matter what the quality. I would strongly suggest rethinking it. Mine was nothing but a nightmare. It seperated from the brace after 3 months. Now it looks all wavey. Crap!

-Keith

what about BKNW ? anybody know anything about their hoods? they usually have deals on group buy and honda-tech, i think. they offer “guaranteed fitment” and their clearcoat is supposed to be high quality. anybody own one ???

Buy Fiber Images.I’ve had mine for 3 years and is still in perfect condition

just got mine! Importfan.com, fits perfectly

Originally posted by jDMJeRk
was it me? LoL…i know i posted before but i didnt buy one i wanted to search me lol

lol, i’m not sure if it was you or not…i’ll search and try and find that thread…

paswordjdm cf hoods are vis, i ordered one, i will et you know about the quality when i get it

Originally posted by killerTeg
[B]I got a VIS CF hood and the thing was a piece of crap. I would never make the mistake of getting another one, no matter what the quality. I would strongly suggest rethinking it. Mine was nothing but a nightmare. It seperated from the brace after 3 months. Now it looks all wavey. Crap!

-Keith [/B]

dude, sorry u had a bad experience but my VIS is the shit, i love it and it looks great…very good quality…here is a pic…

i purchased the jdmsh!t one today; should be here around saturday or monday…ill let yall know :slight_smile:

i loved my VIS …but do to some unfortunate incidents its cracked in a few places so i think im goin to get a Fiber Images CF hood …the VIS looked great but the FI Hood my boy has on his Ek hatch is hot also …if can find some pic of my DA with the VIS on it ill post it up …

I put my Fiber Images hood through hell and it never cracked like a VIS.

I got my cf hood today; i got a jdmshit one for 370 shippped
VERY VERY VERY Satisfied!

Fiber Images. Don’t waste your money on anything else.

My opinion.

-Nick

http://www.jdmshit.com/EGcfhood/
^^^
cant go wrong; i have one
under 400 shipped…

Originally posted by jDMJeRk
http://www.jdmshit.com/EGcfhood/
^^^
cant go wrong; i have one
under 400 shipped…

Nice weave, but how strong is it? I know for a fact the Fiber Images will not crack.

LoL im not going to test it…

I have several times…mostly at the shows. Everyone thinks I’m nuts when I punch my hood at car shows. But I have faith in Fiber Images.