Check engine light

My check engine light will randomly go on after driving the car for around 5 minutes. I took it to the mechanics and they said they couldn’t find anything wrong. Any help?

My teg also studders, but only once and awhile. It rarely happens anymore.

Have you looked at the ECU to see what code its throwing?

_Steve

Here is how you check.

Depending on which year your Teg is, there are two different ways to check your ECU code.

1990 and 1991 Tegs:

Your ECU is located under the carpet on the passenger side of the car. You have to pull back on the carpet to expose the ECU which is brass in color. There is a circular window on the face of it with red LED in it. This LED will blink and this is where you read your code.

To get the LED to blink, you must turn the car to the “ON” possision but do not start it. The LED will blink with fast blinks and with slow blinks. If you have four fast and two slow, that is code 42.

1992 and 1993 Tegs:

Your ECU is located in the same spot as 90-91’s but you won’t be reading the code off the ECU. For you, you must jump a connector and then your Check Engine light will blink to tell you the code.

The connector you must jump is located under the glove box and should be green in color. See pictures below for instructions on how to jump it. Pictures are provided by www.tiiite.b16a.com

-Steve

MY ecu blinked two codes.
12 = Exhaust Gas Recirculation System
and
43 = Fuel Supply System .
I have no clue what to do next.
Any help?? It would be greatly appriciated.

12 is your EGR like you said. I can ony guess to change your PCV valve. Teg Tips should tell you how.

43 means change your O2 sensor 99.9% of the time. Pick up a Bosch Universal one for $20 at Pepboys or Kregan. Don’t go to the dealer and pay $200+ for one. I also highly suggest getting an O2 sensor socket. It looks like a regular socket but has a side cut out for the wire to fit in. After 10 years of driving, your O2 sensor is gonna be tough to get off. This socket will help you a lot.

Let me know how it goes.

-Steve