chiping my pr4 ecu

so im thinking about chipping my ecu. i know how, but i dont really trust alot of the chips im seeing online. i need someone with experience to steer me in the right direction. some of thease chips i guess eliminate the 02 censor and other things?? not sure. but my car is currently throwing a cel 43 fuel delivery code. im wodering if chipping my ecu would have a negative effect on that problem, basically make it worse. i just need a pro to steer me in the direction to tell me what product to trust. thanks!

Most integras throw that code once in there life time. This has been covered many times on what it could be. I dont remember what off hand, i think maybe O2. My car even throws it the first cold day after a handful of warm days.

Chipping an OBD-0 ECU is not to popular these days. I dont honestly know anyone around here that still will. They just bug you to switch to OBD-1 and get a P28.

Unless you have lots done to your car, its kinda pointless to spend the money to get the extra 5-20hp you got from bolt ons. And buying an already program solderable chip is kinda iffy. You could get it perfect or you could throw everything off.

There are other things you can do with chips, but above is the most common.

Once you get a little bit of money saved up you could buy what you want for your car and drive i think off 68th street on West valley, right across the tracks to that performance shop in Kent.

cool, thanks for the help. so if i did the conversion jumper harness and put in a p28 ecu it would basically be alot better than if i were to chip my current pre obd ecu??? what car does the p28 come out of, i might be able to get on on craigslist.

What do you have done that warrants you chipping your ecu? Or are you just trying to fix your code 43?

I forgot you didnt have V-tec so you would need an LS ECU out of any OBD-1 car. Scratch the P28 thats a V-tec ECU.

There is a white tag on one of the sides of every Honda ECU it has the idenification numbers.

To switch your car over to OBD-1 the correct way you will need

• LS 1992-1997ish Integra Distributor ( OBD-1 )

• 4 wire O2 sensor

• Either re-pened or a converstion harness for the distributor (plugs are different.)

• A OBD-0 to OBD-1 jumper harness

• OBD-1 ECU out of any B18 OBD-1 Acura

I dont know the Ecu codes for non v-tec cars so you would have to search all that. Its out there just search here or www.superhonda.com or www.honda-tech.com

dang, thats alot of work lol! sucks cause i just rebuilt my distributer. oh well, i think ill just chip my pr4. do you know a link to a good place to buy the chip?i was looking at the ones on ebay but i dont trust them.

well, i have straight bolt ons but basically i heard that it changes the rev limiter (not saying im going to wrap it out all the time) and the chip changes the air and fuel mixture??? correct me if im wrong but i think it could fix my 43 code. my car smokes a little, mainly cause i seem to be running rich, and my exhaust gets alot of water in it when it rains. my car isnt really that built though

Theres a company that does it. I think they still sell parts here. Go look at the top of the main page that has the parts for sale. Rywire* might still do it also…

i couldnt find it. i was thinking of somthing like this but its ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SPOON-90-91-HONDA-CIVIC-INTEGRA-CRX-POWER-PR4-ECU-CHIP_W0QQitemZ350243398507QQcmdZViewItem