cleaning pistons and cyls without removing the head

Yes, napa, federated, advance, some auto-zones & some pep-boys.

thanks, i think im gonna pick up some today, i fill you in on how well it works, my teg gotta almost 120k and ive had tons of problems, hopefully it will help

when i went into autozone they had never even heard of it… i guess just the ones around here dont have it

ding,ding,ding…we have a winner!

Would seafoam be BAD for an engine if it burns oil, as it could dissolve the sludge that is helping “seal” the rings? I know I burn oil past the rings (and to a much lesser extent, past the valves – 90% rings though). I don’t want to remove any sludge that may be helping the rings prevent blow-by.

What can I do here?

~Eric

i’ve heard some people say that they burned oil before and now, because of the seafoam, hardly burn any

Any actual experience, or is this hearsay?

not that I don’t trust you, but I don’t want to put a product in my car that will make is suck up MORE oil… need some first-hand knowledge.

Thanks,
~Eric

i think it was in this thread, read some of the previous posts

in my experience it fixed insanely erradic idle (still too high from bad FITV or TPS, its just steady now), increased gas mileage, madly increased throttle response and acceleration

the $6 i paid for it was worth it just for the fun i had doing it (all the white smoke… whooo shit that was fun :D)

This could be true, if the seafoam works well enough it may help to free up the rings allowing them to re-seat in the cylinder. I wouldn’t count on it though.

hmm… wasnt this thread, might have been the b17a seafoam thread :shrug:

I know this thread is old, but jeez is it loaded with misinformation.

Seafoam is terrible for seals, especially anything made with rubber.

If you clean out carbon buildup, your compression will most likely fall lower than normal, and you can expect all that buildup to return within a matter of 5 minutes with your engine running anyhow.

If you have “sludge” in your combustion chamber, then you have bigger problems, like leaking valve seals, or shot rings.