ClearCoat interior

Ive seen ppl with painted interior before and already know u can buy primer and paint, but can u buy clear coat if so has anyone here done it

yes i searched

yeah you can buy clear coat in spray cans pep boys sells it

ive done it as well… my interior is a red/black. all the painting was done in red, i then clearcoated it with regular automotive application clear coat i got at oreilys and all i have to say is take your time for gods sake and dont put the clear coats on too thick, they WILL mess up. good luck.

Thanx i guess ill go out and buy some and test it out on something before i do it to my car

Originally posted by integrated93
Thanx i guess ill go out and buy some and test it out on something before i do it to my car

good plan…and good luck…like turbogeekDA6 said take your time on it and thin coats are always best…lay the interior out on some newspaper or something and make sure you start spraying before the interior piece your painting then move the can all the way to the other side off the interior piece…you’ll get better coverage and more even coats

I was thinking of painting my interior, but I was wondering if the got rid of the grooves in the panel.

I was thinking of painting my interior, but I was wondering if the got rid of the grooves in the panel.

Thats another thing i was thinkin about, but i dunno
common sense would have told me “no dont be stupid” but just maybe it will. nuttin wrong with a little hope right

i also have another idea since im goin to get my side moldings painted in a couple a month why dont i just take apart my interior, tape off the parts i dont want painted and tell them to do it right along with the moldings. I mean the concept is the same right and it would match my paint job perfectly so why not?

lol ok guys, paint coats… primer fills. the paint will accurately coat the surface of whatever you paint. when i did mine, (will post pics soon), i took surface filler putty and covered everything i painted, then spent hours sanding them down smooth, primed, sanded, primed, then two coats of paint, then i wet sand that down to perfection, next add two more coats of paint and two of clearcoat and its done. remember to let the coats DRY before you do the clearcoating. my interior looks really good, if u smooth the textures out it will look awesome.

ol ok guys, paint coats… primer fills. the paint will accurately coat the surface of whatever you paint. when i did mine, (will post pics soon), i took surface filler putty and covered everything i painted

hmm sounds nice but did u paint it then filler it because i thought filler didnt stick to paint and if u didnt did it stick well to the plastic

or maybe u just meant primed

so many questions:think:

Hey guys I just did my interior today with that new “Fusion” paint from Krylon… It’s chemically bonds to plastic. I didn’t use a clear coat after, but it’s already shiny and I’ve banged it a few times and it hasn’t scratched.

Pics in my signature link, click on the 26th

no dude i covered the pieces in a surface filler thing first and then primered them after HOURS of wet sanding, the filler stuck fine. u can get the stuff at hobby lobby. i seriously have over 200 hours in my interior painting. if u do it right it will take forever. ill have pics within the next week, yall tell me what u think…

Originally posted by turbogeekDA6
lol ok guys, paint coats… primer fills. the paint will accurately coat the surface of whatever you paint. when i did mine, (will post pics soon), i took surface filler putty and covered everything i painted, then spent hours sanding them down smooth, primed, sanded, primed, then two coats of paint, then i wet sand that down to perfection, next add two more coats of paint and two of clearcoat and its done. remember to let the coats DRY before you do the clearcoating. my interior looks really good, if u smooth the textures out it will look awesome.

jeebus thats a lot of work, but does sound necessary.