Climate Control Swap...Searched

Ok, just spent an hour trying to figure this out (yes, I searched) … I literally have every piece of a 93 Integra LS sitting in my basement… Already did the PW swap. Anyway has anyone had any experience with the climate control swap? I hate the slider, plus the whole assembly is shot. Does anyone know of everything that is required and what i have to drop in?

Climate control head, dash harness, heater box I would think.:hmm: 94

First of all fcm :bowdown: i have been reading up lately and you seem to be the authority around here.

After i get my LS/V out of the garage i’ll bring the RS in to do the swap, i know i have all the parts i’m just trying to make sure that I have it all right.

-Control head
-Ginormous heater assembly
-harness

Any relays i should be worried about, or are the controls straight to the heater box?

The operative words were, “I would think” I am not that familiar with the diff. between a G2 RS and LS climate control system.
When you say “slider” I assume that the RS uses a cable system to control the blandoor and other “gates” in the heater box and the LS uses vacuum or electric motors to control them.
I can tell you that my Haynes manual shows a Mode Control Motor and a Recirculation Control Motor.

Do you have A/C?:hmm:94

i wonder if the harness is already wired up for a push button system…

please document your progress since I am unaware of anyone ever successfully making this conversion. This would be very helpful for the RS owners…

Once i get to it i’ll make a write up. Just noticed today that is has an ‘aftermarket’ cruise control… that threw me for a loop… it’s like an aftermarket kit with the wiring and a bracket that mates it right to the throttle body… wierd, i’ll post pics once i get a chance.

fcm - No AC… we don’t need AC up here, it’s not warm too often.

LOL, I live in Kelowna B.C. Canada, up in the mountains, And we are still doing A/C work, [I work at an A/C shop]
The reason I ask is that it means a lot more wiring, relays and so on.:uhoh: 94

Ok… After a long ass night I Now have a RS with…

-Power Windows :slight_smile:
-Cruise Control (93 OEM)
-PUSH BUTTON CLIMATE CONTROL!!!

Fcm - You were right… There is a sub harness, after I cut the tape and wire loom it pretty much fell out… The only thing that needed to be wired was the lights a 12v and a ground… so 3 wires and it all plugs right in.

Also the LS blower motor and that enormous vent control box out of the LS was … well… broken. All the motors and actuators bolt right onto the RS…

Plug and play… I’m going back out to the garage to do the power mirror (yes i only have 1 LS mirror)

Not to bad though… It hasn’t even been 24 hours since I took the first screwdriver to the dash… By the end of the day I will have an LS without a sun roof…

I’ll post some pics after i get the map light and Mirror up and going.

rapterboy

i would love to know what you did for the power windows setup. Since the owner before me just cut the neccesary power window wires and tapped it into a fuse.

Ouch… Damn that sounds like a pain in the ass already… If it makes you feel better there are only 2 wires going to the fuse box and they are both positive…

But if you need the actual wiring harness I have an extra plug… Wait… Actually I have several :up: :excite:

I’ll get you pics here for your boy in the cities… I just need to stop working on this… Almost done… Then i have to swap the motor and tranny :dozing:

[QUOTE=Rapterboy0269;1776387]Ok… After a long ass night I Now have a RS with…

-Power Windows :slight_smile:
-Cruise Control (93 OEM)
-PUSH BUTTON CLIMATE CONTROL!!!

Fcm - You were right… There is a sub harness, after I cut the tape and wire loom it pretty much fell out… The only thing that needed to be wired was the lights a 12v and a ground… so 3 wires and it all plugs right in.

Also the LS blower motor and that enormous vent control box out of the LS was … well… broken. All the motors and actuators bolt right onto the RS…

Plug and play… I’m going back out to the garage to do the power mirror (yes i only have 1 LS mirror)

Not to bad though… It hasn’t even been 24 hours since I took the first screwdriver to the dash… By the end of the day I will have an LS without a sun roof…

I’ll post some pics after i get the map light and Mirror up and going.[/QUOTE]

any more details / updates you can share? Again this is a first for the G2ic as far as I know…

:clap::clap: Waiting for pix, hopefully you took a lot of them.:up: 94

Well, I was looking for the pics that I had saved for a write up, they all got deleted when my computer crashed :frowning:

Its not that hard to do it all. The thing that took me the longest was to find the clips on the LS harness. I will take pics once I start working on the RS again, after i pull it out of storage. But right now I’m focused on getting my LS up and running… But w/o a license my motivation isn’t way up there.

The best thing you can do is pick up a Chilton’s manual and check the schematics.

The only thing that sucked about the swap was the cruise control…

Everything else (granted you follow the schematics) is just running wire with the appropriate harness to the corresponding devices and power… Easy. :up:

oh, and FCM was quite the help… Hats off to him!:bow:

Can you elaborate on what you meant by saying that the hardest thing with the swap was finding the clips on the LS Harness?

Also - what was the issue with Cruise Control?

Since I didn’t have power windows I had to separate all the accessory wiring, the 4-pin clip off of the fusebox took me forever to find… Pulling all that tape and wire-loom kinda sucked a little too. But It really wasn’t that bad at all.

And I haven’t traced the cruise control down, I wired it all up to what I believe to be right… But the schematics were hazy on a few things. Or I could just have a bad control module, I won’t know until I get the car back in my garage.

oh so you were trying to add cruise control too.