clutch problem!!

i need some help right here, wen i push my clutch and let it go the car takes off really fast…but theres time wen i push it and then let it go and the car takes off smoothy wich it feels way better…thats the best i could describe it …but i wanna know whats causing that problem…:bang:

COME ON HELP ME OUT…

does it try to go a little when its in gear but the clutch is in?

NO…

u need to kinda describe what u are doing better. u say when u push the clutch pedal in then let it go the car takes off really fast. it would do that if u are practically sidestepping the clutch pedal from a dead stop. u also gotta take into consideration of what rpms u are letting it go at… that makes a huge difference. the purpose of the clutch is to disengage and engage the transmission smoothly. how much free play do u have in the pedal? u should have about 3/4" to 1.5" of free play. also u gotta consider ur cable linkage being binded or something. have someone push the clutch pedal up and down while u watch the lever movement to see if its moving smoothly. (car doesn’t have to be on to do that)

I’m not sure I’m getting what the issue is here, but it sounds like you need to learn how to drive stick. I didn’t mean that as a personal attack so don’t reply with one.

i been driving stick for like 3 years already…soo i dont think is that…

A person could drive stick like a fool all their life, and still be doing it wrong. Not saying you DO necessarily…just making a point.

Yea its just sounds like sometimes you take off like you supose to and sometimes you get to much gas and let the clutch to fast and the car takes off “fast”, learn how to drive a stick and you will be fine.

jajajaja got jokes…but even my friend told me that something is wrong with my clutch…

maybe u should do the smart thing and take it somewhere. it could be possible that tis letting off kinda slow once its already warm… and grabs harder when its cooler. there can be many many things up… i’d check ur clutch cable… could be binding. u might know how to drive… but u don’t know how to diagnose or describe symptoms. dont’ take it person when ppl say u cant drive… cuz u and ur friend might not know how… maybe u can… either way it doesn’t matter cuz u prolly have an issue. replace ur clutch cable… also… how old is ur clutch? maybe its time is drawing near.

I was just messing with you, no hard feeling.

i bought the clutch and flywheel like 1 month ago but i think the mecanic did something wrong i think i dont know ,cause wen i drive my friends civic i control the clutch like nothing …but maybe clutch cable

need more advices please!!!

i push the clutch in and wen i let it go it gets stuck in there and its hard to push it???why …:angel:

take it back to the mechanic that f’ed it up

LoL, let me guess, did you buy a cheap clutch and flywheel package off of EBay?

I had the same kinda problem, although it didn’t jerk too bad to really annoy me. The only thing I can think of is, either the clutch is cheap, or the guy didn’t align the clutch properly with the clutch tool.

I’ve had an ebay clutch kit for 10k miles now, feels stock and no issues whatsoever. This sounds like maybe a cable problem.

cable

if you got a cable clutch just pull on the cable and turn the adjuster way down it will raise your engagement…drive it like that for a week or two and then bring it back to its normal position…its almost like raising the idle sot of speak…but anyways i was ready to buy a new clutch thats how much mine pissed me of…and then i adjusted the cable and it ran fine…now its back to its original position and the engagement feel fine.

[QUOTE=StokelesS_g2;1903629]LoL, let me guess, did you buy a cheap clutch and flywheel package off of EBay?

I had the same kinda problem, although it didn’t jerk too bad to really annoy me. The only thing I can think of is, either the clutch is cheap, or the guy didn’t align the clutch properly with the clutch tool.[/QUOTE]

I BOUGHT A F1 RACING STAGE 3 CLUTCH WITH A FIDANZA FLYWHEEL AND YEA I GOT IT FROM EBAY FOR LIKE $400…

u mean to let the clutch lever all the way down and then take it to normal position…or the other way around, lever up

That answers it, F1.
That’s what I got in my g2 also.

Try to tighten the cable as much as possible during break in period.
It worked for me a little bit, but it’s still annoying at times.
I’m not driving my g2 no more anyhow.

GL