Clutch Trouble

Normally as I ease my clutch pedal out engagement occurs near the top (ie many inches from the floor). Currently about 80% of the time engagement occurs about 1/2" from the floor and the clutch bites hard. The other 20% of the time everything works normally.

Is this a hydrolic problem? The clutch pedal also feels a little mushy.

Thanks,

Leif

It’s not a hydraulic problem. We use a direct cable linkage.

Regards,

Oz

Yeah, I’ve been told that now. But still, WTF is going on? Is it sticking since sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t?

I don’t know where the clutch cable is or how to check that.

Leif

A simple way to locate the cable is this:

Look at your Oil Cap. Look towards the firewall, and you’ll see a thick black cable attaching itself to the valve cover. That’s the clutch cable. Now, follow it to the left which should lead you at the bottom of the distributor. You’ll see the adjusting nut assembly which looks like your throttle nut assembly.

Regards,

Oz

Thanks OZ. I’ll bust out the Helms and take a look when I get home.

Leif

i had the same prob a week ago. originally i thought it was the clutch cable binding in the sleeve but it turns out their is a spring that helps return the clutch fork well i broke that f’in spring which is inside the trans. its like a 3$ spring but to take a trans out it pays like 4 hours or something so while he was in their i had him put a new clutch nd all that ish. i hope for you it isn’t that spring. good luck