Clutchmaster FX100 Stage 1

I did a search on clutches in product reviews and I’ve determined I want to go with the big name, Clutchmasters. I’m looking in the JC Whitney Catalog and the FX100 Stage1 clutch is looking pretty good. Anyone want to dispute that and change my mind?

That’s what I have, but I’m not quite done breaking it in. The pedal is like stock though, and it grabs pretty good in everyday traffic. Try to find a better price though, I got mine and the CM flywheel for $570 from importdirectusa.com.

stage 1 is wack from what I heard. i got one off nopi for 340 and it turned out that its really not much better than stock. I was told the only way u would feel a difference is driving fast on a road course…(thats what the mechanic said)

Originally posted by NCteg91
stage 1 is wack from what I heard. i got one off nopi for 340 and it turned out that its really not much better than stock. I was told the only way u would feel a difference is driving fast on a road course…(thats what the mechanic said)

That’s exactly what I want. I drive my car daily, so I don’t want to feel much of a difference over stock. But when I do go racing, I want to know my clutch isn’t going to slip as bad as stock.

Originally posted by NCteg91

It holds 70% better than stock. And even in regular traffic I can feel it grabs quick. A few times I’ve let out the clutch too quick in 1st gear and it snaps my head back. It’s a good clutch. You realy don’t need Stage 3 unless you’re boosted or spraying, IMHO.

gotta love the mechanics at the shop I went to…these are also the ones who told me that the clutch would not fit my car and ended up having me spend over 900 total. They also broke the latch that holds the metal rod that keeps my hood up and they left a tie rod disconected and told me my axel broke. there idiots