cold air intake-when raining Q

Is is ok to have a cold air intake on when it is raining as long as you do not go threw puddles, or is it not such a good idea at all when it is raining? thanks

yeah you are right its not such a good idea. I just took mine out because of some heavy snow we got, and when I took it out the filter was soaking wet. I had no problems with hydrolock though. So keeping it on should be ok.

Eric

You’ll be absolutely fine in heavy rain with a CAI if you steer clear of lakes and keep your splashguard on.

thanks guys for answering that for me, do you guys know where i can get that thing that goes on that is like a foam check valve for the water. i’ve seen it and installed it at my dealer but forgot what it was called, and i do not know where to get it. i just put on an aem cai on my car today and just had these concerns for protecting my baby

Originally posted by aobintegragsr
thanks guys for answering that for me, do you guys know where i can get that thing that goes on that is like a foam check valve for the water. i’ve seen it and installed it at my dealer but forgot what it was called, and i do not know where to get it. i just put on an aem cai on my car today and just had these concerns for protecting my baby

search for AEM Bypass valve. you can get it online. check ebay. also check groupbuycenter. or maybe optauto.com but you should know that you MUST cut your intake to install it. make sure you do it right and have a good seal, or you 'll lose most of your gains from the CAI.