Cold Air or Short Ram?

How much of a difference is there between a AEM short ram intake vs. an AEM cold air intake ? performance wise

Thanks

not enough, but the shorty sounds better

i had a short ram but not aem then i switched to cold air aem and i got alot my throttle response and more low end power

Just buy the short arm and convert it into a custom CAI. I think its in the teg tips but if not ask around on here I forget who I saw post how to do it. It only costs like 5 bucks too.

short ram is better for top end… short ram will you give you better low end…i dgo with short ram

Originally posted by pleather
short ram is better for top end… short ram will you give you better low end…i dgo with short ram

:confused:

same shiznat, just sound. i coudlnt take the short ram noise in the cabin anymore. ya so if youre unsure just get the short and convert it

i just didnt wanna buy the CAI for almost $ 100 more than the short ram if there wasnt that much difference…

i’ll take a look at the teg tips to see how to extend the short ram…

the first step in extending it is to take the front bumper off… is that required to do with the AEM cai ? Also is there any cutting involved when putting the aEm cai in? I ut one in my friends 200sx Se-R and it was a pain in the ass… relocating the battery tray, cutting holes… any of that?

I’d personally get a CAI. Colder air = more power.

Well with the short ram intake you are sucking in some engine heat and that is not good performance wise. I went ahead and bougt the CAI and it was definitely worth it specialy on those cold nights when the Chilled air hits your IM you can deffinitely feel a difference.

Short ram & take out resonator!

Take out the resonator, get dryer tubing and feed it to under the signal light opening and whalllaa short ram & forced cold air in one!

just turbo it and blow all naturally asperiated cars away…boom problem sloved…he he:lol:

Get the cold air, I’ve seen dynos where SRI’s lose power, the cold air is definitely gonna give you improvements across the entire power band.