coolant and transmission fluid q's

ok, i am putting in my new radiator tomorow with new hoses. when i wrecked my car it leaked most of the antifreeze out, then when i took out the radiatormore came out. would there be anymore in the block and should i get it out before the install?

second: what mixture of antifreeze and water should i use, and how much does the system hold so i make the right amount of mixture.

third: my car will rarely shift into 4th at all, when i try and force it, it just grinds. a lot of the times when i put it in 3rd it grinds for a split second. the guy at acura was talking about my transmission fluid (motor oil) so since ive got this whole deal apart, should i drain it. if so: how, and if not how do i add to it. where is it located?

Re: coolant and transmission fluid q’s

Originally posted by JSRstarjerk
[B]ok, i am putting in my new radiator tomorow with new hoses. when i wrecked my car it leaked most of the antifreeze out, then when i took out the radiatormore came out. would there be anymore in the block and should i get it out before the install?

second: what mixture of antifreeze and water should i use, and how much does the system hold so i make the right amount of mixture.

third: my car will rarely shift into 4th at all, when i try and force it, it just grinds. a lot of the times when i put it in 3rd it grinds for a split second. the guy at acura was talking about my transmission fluid (motor oil) so since ive got this whole deal apart, should i drain it. if so: how, and if not how do i add to it. where is it located? [/B]

nah its not necessary to flush. atlanta=hot? recommended 50/50%, i use very little coolant as per suggestion from water wetter. i think about 4-qts. all can be found in the manual. youll need to bleed the system too, so get the manual.

your grinding- definitely change the tranny fluid with HONDA mtf. if you can i’d flush the whole sucker out. costs about 50bucks or you can try doing it yourself via my teg tips in the articles/teg tips forum.