Corner lights

for some reason my corner lights dont light up when my head lights are on. nor do they blink when i turn on my blinkers. the lower turn signals work on my bumper. but i have no amber corners.

what could be the problem?

Sry to ask but…Have you checked the little peanut bulbs? Ive never had corners on in my car cuz ive never known how to change those effing little bulbs lol

i dont know how to get to them either.

dead bulbs ? thats all i can think of they use 194 bulbs. to take of the corner light you open your hood and at the top of the light its held by a screw take it out and your gonna have to pull em out it might be a little hard mine was but good thing i didnt break anything

Your front side markers are controled by the ICU.

Questions, do your intermittent wipers work, rear window defogger work, warning chimes, [key still in ign., lights still on, seat belts] work?
Problems with the ICU is common in G2s.:whisper:94

[QUOTE=fcm;1992589]Your front side markers are controled by the ICU.

Questions, do your intermittent wipers work, rear window defogger work, warning chimes, [key still in ign., lights still on, seat belts] work?
Problems with the ICU is common in G2s.:whisper:94[/QUOTE]

intermittent wipers work and defogger works. but i don’t get the door chime or the key in the ignition. also the dome light doesn’t come on when i open the door neither.

Seeing that you have never taken out the corner lights, check the bulbs.

Don’t think about anything else as the problem before you do this.

[QUOTE=spikeymike;1992612]Seeing that you have never taken out the corner lights, check the bulbs.

Don’t think about anything else as the problem before you do this.[/QUOTE]

im gonna check em when i get off of work. if the bulbs are good. could it be the icu. even thought i still have wipers and a defogger.

Sounds like the door switch to me. I just fixed mine and it was exactly the same.

Take the switch off of your pass side and try it on the drivers, also try and ground the wire attached to the door switch directly to the metal around the hole it comes through in the doorjamb (you’ll see what I mean once you take it out) Just make sure that the switches you install/remove have clean contacts on them as well as ensure the place where the switch makes contact with the doorjamb is rust-free and nice and snug on there. If it jiggles or moves around once the screw is tightend down, your going to have to bend the little tab on the back that holds it inot place. using some needle nose pliers or equivilant bend that tab down a little to ensure a tight fit between the switch and an unpainted, rust free surface on the car. If none of that stuff makes your dome light come on, it points to the ICU from what I have been reading.

For the corners:

Pop the hood, undo the one screw on the top of the fender holding them in place with a phillips screwdriver, grab on tight and pull the corner light firmly toward the front of the car with both hands. Try and keep it level to the ground as you pull…It should just pop right off. Be careful not to pull too far of course, the wires attached to it dont have a large amount of clearance and the plastic pieces holding it in place can be brittle as mexicanpolo mentioned. Once you get to the light, twist the bulb holder 90 degrees counter-clockwise and pull it away from the housing. Then pop the bulb out of the bulb holder with a slotted screwdriver (Like many other plugs on hondas). Swap in your new bulb and make sure to try it outbefore you re-install it!

The rears though, the little bulbs at the end of the the tail light…Anyone know how to get those out? I can take them out of the tail light no problem but as idiotic as it sounds…I have no idea how to change the bulb itself.

[QUOTE=iree;1992594]intermittent wipers work and defogger works. but i don’t get the door chime or the key in the ignition. also the dome light doesn’t come on when i open the door neither.[/QUOTE] If dome light works off pass. door then problem is probably the drivers door switch and only the drivers door switch will trigger chimes, although it could still be the ICU as drivers door switch lead goes to the ICU.

Yes, the problem can still be the ICU even if your intermittent wipers and rear window defog work.

However, as mentioned, check the obvious first, front side marker bulbs.

Also as mentioned, if the pass. door turns on the dome light swap the switches to see if the drivers door switch is the problem of no dome light and no chimes.:stare:94

i figued out how to take me off when i got home last night. it was the bulbs. it looked like they were the original bulbs when the car was made.

[QUOTE=fcm;1992865]If dome light works off pass. door then problem is probably the drivers door switch and only the drivers door switch will trigger chimes, although it could still be the ICU as drivers door switch lead goes to the ICU.

Yes, the problem can still be the ICU even if your intermittent wipers and rear window defog work.

However, as mentioned, check the obvious first, front side marker bulbs.

Also as mentioned, if the pass. door turns on the dome light swap the switches to see if the drivers door switch is the problem of no dome light and no chimes.:stare:94[/QUOTE]

both passenger and driver side dont turn on the dome lights. i took the drivers side switch out and cleaned it with some wd40 and a wire brush.

Did it fix your dome light problem?:hmm:94

woops forgot to put that it didnt fix it.

Then either your not getting the switch clean enough or there is some other problem…

If the dome light will work when you turn it on, try this…
Remove a pin switch, unplug it and ground the wire/terminal directly to the chassis, if dome light come on, re-clean the switch, pay close attention to the point where slider makes contact with ground point, you may need to take a file to both surfaces to get them clean, if they still do not work replace them. :stare:94