Crackdown on dummy registrations

All: Work has begun on deleting bogus registrations which have plagued the G2IC Forum. Accounts that have certain dummy criteria in their profile fields (that I have found is consistent with spam accounts) will be removed. This will be an automatic process.

If you have ANY dummy criteria in your profile fields, I would suggest you edit your profile immediately to avoid losing your account.

An example of dummy criteria would be having “abcde” in your “Trim Level” field. Because no cars would have this as “Trim Level”, the system would consider this account a spam account and it will be removed. To edit your profile fields, click “My Profile” on the top right of the forum page, “About Me” tab, and click the yellow markers to edit the appropriate fields. If you legitimately do no have a trim level for example, use “None”.

Thank you for your cooperation.

It is not necessary to reply to this post.

I sincerely apologize if anyone is having trouble registering on G2IC. I’m getting A LOT of spam registrations who are somehow getting past my human verification questions. I have to weed through the registrations to approve the valid ones, and if you have a really weird username or email address (such as dhewad3341xhe@gmail.com) I’ll probably accidentally delete you.