Crappy 1/4 mile times.. Any insight?

Ok so here is what I have.
90 db1 b18a, CAI, Magnaglow axle back, Zex 65 shot, Short shifter. I also didnt have any real traction problems…

So I managed 6-7 runs tonight and my best run was:

R/T .24
60ft 2.4
1/4 16.05
mph 85.64

Every other run was 16.3-16.4… :think:

Doesnt sound right to me sound right to anyone else?

Are there things i should take into consideration or troubleshoot on my car?

There was a younger kid there that had a da and was running consistent 16.3 with Megan header with a leak, skunk 2 exhaust and shitty short ram…, WTF

ever considered, no offense but, your driving skill. i know it doesn’t take much skill to drive in a straight line, but shit i’ve seen dumb ass people such as my former friend wreck goin straight, in a stock 01 gsr. and he blamed it on the road which was bull shit cuz i raced with his car and the road seemed fine to me.

No offense taken, But im pretty confident with my driving skills…

Launching at roughly 3000 with minimal tire spin, Shifting just below 7k.

I cant say that my r/t or my 60ft are perfect but from what I have seen they arent that bad…

Where are you running? Altitude?

Altitude apparently makes a bigger difference than I though. Here with out 2200’, cars will run an average 0.5-1 sec slower.

Do you just have an axleback or catback exhaust? Also, do you have a header?

Im running at sea-level. As of now I dont have a header and its only an axle back. Header and the rest of the exhaust is the next thing I tackle.

Think its not breathing as well as it should? Think that a header and bigger exhaust would help quite a bit?
Thanks

[QUOTE=Mk1shitrocket;1907625]Think its not breathing as well as it should? Think that a header and bigger exhaust would help quite a bit?
Thanks[/QUOTE]

I Would say yes. It will flow more freely and since you are using NOS you should see a big difference.

Focus on getting all the power to the ground through drive train and suspension first if you want a bigger difference.

Clutch/flywheel, stickier tires, tire psi, keeping traction over front wheels will note you better times. No point in having all that power if you can’t get it to the ground properly.

Adjust timing and run correct heat range spark plugs when using nitrous.

:umno:
It takes skill to do any sort of driving, especially racing. Give your head a shake man.

I second what Spikey said.

Thanks. I am running bkr7e’s and 2deg retarded. Tonight Im going to start with a compresion and a leak down to make sure nothing got harmed last night and to see if my problem pops up…
Thanks

Well did my compression test and came up with:
1: 187
2: 187
3: 190
4: 195

My cluster says 218k which matches carfax so im begining to think that it may have a rebuild or a newer engine…

Anyways I ordered a Megan header tonight so when that comes in I will get the rest of my exhaust done. Until then I have to figure out what muffler I want…

Any other ideas of things to check?

knock down that 60 footer, and you’ll be in the 15’s easily. it’ll take a lot of practice, but you can get that 60ft time down into the 2.1-2.2’s on street tires.

knock down that 60 footer, and you’ll be in the 15’s easily. it’ll take a lot of practice, but you can get that 60ft time down into the 2.1-2.2’s on street tires.

he said it. if your running ac and ps take the belts of and you’'ll feel the difference .and turn your heater on it at always made a difference to me.

Also what about the track surface, was it a decent track? Temperature out side? What condition is your clutch in?
I know from Feb. to July my car slowed down about .5-1.0 seconds. Well my clutch was going out too

The track surface was good. Really sticky on the line and it was about 68deg outside…

just got bak from edgewater tonight, and with a bone stock ls motor with working cold ac and ps and the long ys1 trans i had:
r/t .345
60’ 2.487
1/4 16.182 at 86.03 mph

mods include skunk2 coilovers and shocks, and 3 out of 4 window welded motor mounts, probably could’ve ran a BIT better but i wasn’t trying too hard, it was out of 2 runs lol. 1st run was:

r/t .203
60’ 2.565
1/4 16.200 at 84.75, i hit rev limiter in 3rd near the end cuz i figured i would cross the line beforehand but i was wrong, oh well

Hey thanks for the input… That gives me a clue that something is wrong… When I get back into town I am going to install the header and take it to the exhaust shop to have the complete exhaust done. Then I will do some more tuning and will be back at the track…