cromefree and 2 step/launch control

i’ve read up on cromefree and 2 step igniton or launch control in the jcspecial plugin, and i see that it does work. so i set everything up in crome and uploaded it to my ostrich and it doesn’t work. it shows that it is in the settings when i download it back from the ecu to my laptop but doesn’t work.

do i need a switch on the clutch like i’ve read and run a power or ground wire to b8?? if so is this the ground or the power wire cause the thread i read was a little mixed up. thanks

i ran the switch on the clutch pedal (lower switch for the cruise control) ground to ground and power to b8. still no 2 step or full throttle launch.

could i need a power and then run the ground to b8 instead??

I would think you would need power to the switch, and then the run the “ground” wire of the switch to the ecu.

In other words, your circuit should be:

power --------- switch -------------- b8.

I’m not exactly sure about this though. It just makes sense to run it like that to me.

im tuned on crome and i have a launch control that i wasn’t even aware about at the beginning. my tuner added no wires and no modifications to the harness but if i WOT when im in neutral i have a launch control so i’m pretty sure it’s all in the programing.

It is in the programing. The rev limiter can be changed as well.

For me, the launch control only worked when the car was not moving.

Its tied into the vss to only work when the car is at 0mph. And yes it is all in the chip itself, no extra wires need to be ran to the clutch, or anywhwere else for that matter.

what do you have to do to get it to be like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ3pkVsQlyQ

because im going to the crome freelog set up soon and ive seen some people have a slow looping 2 step and other have it like that. i want mine like that…

I believe the sound/style of 2-step is dependent on what program is being used… Crome, hondata, neptune, aem ems, etc etc. the fuel cuts are all going to be different.

i see. do you have a reason why some programs do it fast and some do it slow?

That.

so is that something with the program itself or is that something that can be adjusted…

My launch control only works sometimes. It works great when i’m sitting in my driveway but for some reason when i need it to work like at a stop light, it never wants to work. I don’t know if it reads the engine temp like the vtec does or what. I turned the car off and a couple minutes later turned it back on to try it and it didnt want to work. The engine was fully heated up but still didnt work. I tryed it again later when I was at a car meet and it worked fine. Anyone know what causes this? Thanks

the fast one is ignition cut, through chrome you get fuel cut. the video says msd, msd does ignition

neptune lets you cut either fuel or ignition or both. if you want the backfire and flames stuff then you need to cut just ignition. some tuning software including crome I believe have the option to adjust how far the revs drop after the cut, crome default is like 100RPM. I don’t know off hand what others do in regards to that setting. But I’m guessing that MSD one in that vid is pretty short as well and probably is adjustable as well.