Crossover settings

I just bought an amp for my 6.5’s. It has a high/low pass xover. im using the HP obviously. But its variable from 40-240 HZ. where should i set it for these speakers? TIA

Re: Crossover settings

Originally posted by NTegRacer91
I just bought an amp for my 6.5’s. It has a high/low pass xover. im using the HP obviously. But its variable from 40-240 HZ. where should i set it for these speakers? TIA

to be safe I would set it at 200Hz or above without knowing what speakers you have as well as what type of amp you have. If you bought the speaker new you should be able to find specs for frequency response for the speakers and the preferred power rating

:bow:

my systeem is sete at 80 hz and under for thee sub itself, and 80 hz and up for the speakeers.

no one will know except you. did you set your gains properly? what are your system specs?

what i would do is first set the xover to max. then set your volume to max (based on your gain settings, which might be 80-90% or whatever). then slowly turn the xover down until you hear distortion, then nudge it slightly back up (kinda like setting gains in the opposite direction.
ideally you want all your components to blend together, but im assuming in your case you just want your speakers to play as low as possible without distorting.