"custom" headliner

Right now I’m just thinking the headliner. Once I start taking it apart I’m gonna look at the other trim pieces and see what it’d take. And I understand that it’s my car and I should do what makes me happy, but I see modifying cars as a form of art. And what’s the point in making art if other people can’t enjoy it along with you? That’s why your opinions matter. And thanks for sharing your opinions. I’ll keep looking around at other patterns though.

Wow this is a great thread! I’m gonna tackle my headliner tomorrow.

[QUOTE=hookedonponics;2206145]I did my headliner about a year ago. bought the fabric at joann’s

[/QUOTE]

Where did you find the printed headliner material or did you just use any material you like?

‘‘tegcruzr’s’’ build has a very detailed description on how he did his as well as how he painted all the trim pieces black.looks stock and really sweet

I went to Joann’s fabrics. Michael’s also sells fabric. I pretty much just picked out whatever print I wanted. I went with a heavier cloth. I tried to do my door panels with a cheaper fabric and the adhesive bled through it and ditched that idea.

That is what I thought! Thanks

Why have I only seen like 3 people do their sunroof also, is it that much of a PITA?

Yeah, it is a pain, but I will be doing my sunroof cover. It is tan but the rest of the car is gray and black.

Imo I would only do this if i owned a show car.

I’ve been reading up on this. Did you guys remove the foam also or just the vinyl? I noticed some of the other Honda people say to remove the foam. My main concern with that is that it will lose its shape and I’ll be left with a flat headliner. Which will look horrible. I plan on doing the sunroof slider as well. Currently replacing a cracked sunroof glass, so figured now would be a good time to do it all.

There are PILES of how-to videos on YouTube, guys. Just be careful taking down all your old interior plastics.

I'm doing this, soon.   Got blue suede that's close to my Palmy Blue interior, from JoAnn Fabric.    They also have MANY outdoor compatible fabrics.