Dash cam?

Has anyone successfully used a dash cam in our cars? I hate things on my windshield, so I thinking about something suction cupped to the dome light. Just looking for thoughts before I jumped in myself.

I don’t have a camera in my car and I don’t have a rearview mirror anymore because I switched to the 5 way mirror and have liked it so didn’t see switching it back.

Is there enough space to mount a small one on the back side of the rearview mirror? Bestdashcameras.com seems to have some useful information and some very small looking models, that might be able to mount in that space and you might not even notice that is it there?

Ive been very happy with my Blackvue Dr650 2ch front and rear. in the teg with solid motor mounts the video and audio show but in the wifes 2018 CRV is crystal clear with crisp sound recordings. Wi-Fi, GPS, easy to navigate app and discrete, Checks all the box’s for me. The new 750 has some nice upgrades and is what I plan on getting to replace an older cam that way out of date for my daily driver.

Hey Neil, I believe mounting on the windshield or off the rearview mirror would be best to capture a much better unobtrusive view of the front. I have been a victim of 2 hit and runs and the unobstructed view of the front was able to get their license plate without issues.

I am using the Rexing V1 and Anker Roav dashcam cam in Socal heat, no battery, just capacitor for the last few years without issues. I also use a Samsung endurance micro card for reliability

I can snap a pic if you like? Can’t really see the dashcam mounted to windshield unless you really look for it.