Dash lights does not illuminate

Cant see dash at night. Warning light illuminate.
The set up im running is a rhd xsi harness 93 da6 i am running a usa cluster would that make it not illuminate bc im not running the jdm cluster.

Was wondering if i can set up the dimmer switch to the rhd harness and how would i do that

The USDM and JDM clusters are the same wiring connections. The only difference between clusters is if one had cruise control and the other did not. I’m pretty sure the illumination wire for the cluster is red / black stripe / 1 silver band. Jdm harness should have a dimmer switch also. If you don’t have a dimmer switch, that is your problem. The lights on wire runs through the switch then to the cluster. If the switch is missing, the circuit is broken.

Ok. The rhd clip that i bought from hmo didnt come with a dimmer connector doesnt look like it was cit or any juat not equipped there is one connector that is just hanging there. Dont know what connects to it. Ive been trying to find a picture of what goes there

Let me work on getting the wire color codes for you.

Thanks 2ndjen

Out of all the switches I have ( which is a shit load) , the only one I don’t have a pig tail for is the dimmer! It is a small three wire plug about 3/4 inches wide. Same female plug as the power mirror harness behind the door panel. If you can wait until tomorrow I will pull the switch on my car and get you the color codes.

I can wait after all its been 3 years off (had a kid) and on but im trying to get this thing ready for the road. How can i post pictures on here. Sorry noob question new to this forum. So i can show you what connector i have

1. red / black stripe / silver band
  2. Black / silver band
  3. Red / silver band

Left to right from the back of the plug with the clip facing up.
1 is lights to cluster
2 is ground (need to verify)
3 is lights input

You can text me

Can

Ok. Sent them to you