DB1 vs. DB2

whats the difference between a DB1 and a DB2? I have a DB2 and have seen someone around that says they have a DB1.

Re: DB1 vs. DB2

Originally posted by red GSR
whats the difference between a DB1 and a DB2? I have a DB2 and have seen someone around that says they have a DB1.

Two doors and a trunk. :smiley:

DB1 = the four door
DB2 = GSR

JH4= Made in Japan ---- DB1= 4 door 1.8 -----DB2 = 3 dr 1.7 -------DA9 = 3 dr 1.8 ------- then 1st digit after= 3=3dr 5mt----4=3dr 4 at------5= 4dr 5 mt ------6= 4dr 4 at…------the next digit is ----4= rs----5=ls—6=gs---- 7 = gsw/leather and 8= gs-r package…also the 11th digit describes which plant the car was built…C=Sayama…S=Suzuka…and T=Tochigi… Too much info huh??? LOL…Sometimes my job IS interesting…

this needs to be either archived or put under the stock teg specs…nice info

Originally posted by FAMILYG2
JH4= Made in Japan ---- DB1= 4 door 1.8 -----DB2 = 3 dr 1.7 -------DA9 = 3 dr 1.8 ------- then 1st digit after= 3=3dr 5mt----4=3dr 4 at------5= 4dr 5 mt ------6= 4dr 4 at…------the next digit is ----4= rs----5=ls—6=gs---- 7 = gsw/leather and 8= gs-r package…also the 11th digit describes which plant the car was built…C=Sayama…S=Suzuka…and T=Tochigi… Too much info huh??? LOL…Sometimes my job IS interesting…
What’s better is that I know my VIN right off the top of my head. Any time I’ve had to check on insurance, the broker always wants to go outside and check, and I just tell them, nope, I know it already. Same goes for any police reports filed. BTW, mine was made at Suzuka.

Originally posted by FAMILYG2

wow, way to much info, i just figured out that DA comes from the VIN last week…

I thought the S= Suzuka?

Originally posted by tsqualers
I thought the S= Suzuka?
It does… :shrug:

Then why does it say Suzaka:ok:

Well, buddy, see, after I read your post on such a minor typing error, I decided to edit it. But unfortunately I can’t edit the other quotes… I’m Sorry I mistyped… It will never happen again, ok…:up:

No prob. Just make sure it NEVER happens again.

PS: Learn how to type
:wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow…

I get to say archivethis , I feel so proud… :slight_smile: