DC header install didnt go right

I installed my dc header today and I just got back from a drive. It sounds like ass, theres a godawful rattle and it sounds like it’s leaking somewhere possibly, has anyone had problems like this before?

Sounds like you may ahve to check to see if everything is torqued up and aligned properly.

AIM: JOHNNYJACKSTANDS

check the part where the downpipe connects to the catalytic converter. make sure you got those springs in the right torque, or else things will make crazy rattling noises.

also make sure that you didnt strip out any of the bolt s going into the engine. aluminum engines are really easy to strip out. that happened to me and i had to retap the whole thing.

i got everything as tight as humanly possible and it still rattles from the cat area :frowning:

Heh may sound dumb, but did you remember to put the two 12mm bolts on the bracket that supports the downpipe? I’ve forgotten to put them back on before hehe, they cause quite a racket. Other than that, like everyone said … those spring-loaded bolts, heat–shield (upper or cat. shield) … everything clears ok?

i got it figured out. i forgot to put the gasket inbetween the downpipe and the cat, deeeer.

thanks everyone for their help tho:up: