DC Integra Cluster Swap Finally Finished *Pics

I wanted to do a amber lighting finish inside of my g2. Since it was that easy for you… I guess mightest well I do it too.

updated

I updated it so you dont have to login to imagestation to view pics

HorizonTeg06

HorizonTeg06, do you have aol instant messager?

James

yeh its illicitmp3

please go into detail on how you converted the speedometer sensor into an electronic. I assume instead of converting you meant replacing, but not sure.

also if you could go into detail on the difference in the angle between the clear plastic housing on the DA vs. the DC2 and if you mounted the new cluster in the original locations.

this sounds like a good project for someone with bonda/fiberglass experience, but not for someone to learn this kind of work on.

unless you have a spare dash

:bow:

I give you props for finishing an idea I had years ago. Its kinda like the JDM climate control install I did on my DA by changing the display to the other side to use on my LHD car.

I’d ditch the halloween effects and go with the white LEDs from ledtronics.

The electronic speedo conversion is very easy. Use a complete power steering speed sensor for a 90-93 accord. The unit will mount straight onto the DA tranny and will have an electronic speed sensor for the VSS. Use the power wire from the Purge control solenoid (yellow/black) to power the unit and ground. The third wire (VSS signal) will need to be routed back to the speedometer cluster using the speedo cable hole in the firewall and 1/4" wire loom.

Joe.

Wow, looks awesome… very nice work! :smiley:

Nice taste in cd players too… 7993 or 7995? I have the 7995… :smiley:

as for the halloween effects, just always liked the BMW look, and rather would not have LED’s much too bright. yeh and that player is the 7894 model

Originally posted by gen2ls/vtec
[B]please go into detail on how you converted the speedometer sensor into an electronic. I assume instead of converting you meant replacing, but not sure.

also if you could go into detail on the difference in the angle between the clear plastic housing on the DA vs. the DC2 and if you mounted the new cluster in the original locations.

this sounds like a good project for someone with bonda/fiberglass experience, but not for someone to learn this kind of work on.

unless you have a spare dash

:bow: [/B]

oh yeah and ARCHIVETHIS

Originally posted by HorizonTeg06
superthug: I will get into more detail later

still waiting…

I still want to know how you Bondo’d to make it look so neat
How you mounted the cluster?
And switching the wiring from DA to DC for the cluster.

dude serioiusly… ::waits::

lol…

I would really like to see this write up or any type of reponse that is now… I’d really like to do this, but I don’t know how hard it will be and don’t have a secondary to drive while this one is down. Maybe a little help?

thanks

James.

nice job, looks real good. props to you for trying something different. now, swap in a type-r cluster :wink:

i want to do that so bad. do a write up man. you owe it to your fellow DA owners. jsut put it in teg tips. it will be perfect. also did the harness just plug in or did you have to o some soldering?

reminds me of the old school days when guys used to swap in complete DC dashboards into their EG’s.

Looks damn good, very factory looking. :cool:

sweet!

blowing away all other guage mods :gunright: looks awsome if ya git a chance are ya gona do a how to?

I hope he does I already bought a cluster, waiting for the how to dont have the balls to experiment with my car.