DC Integra Cluster Swap Finally Finished *Pics

Here are the pics guys

tell me what you think

can also be found here
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290118383

Looks awesome!!! What all was involved with the swap?

This may be a dumb question…but what are the downsides of having a cluster from a different vehicle with different mileage? I.E. what happens when you get the car emmisioned and they check the mileage, or when a person does a carfax and sees it had 150k 2 years ago when it was emmisioned…and now it has 75k, etc.

Also…LOVE the JDM EG steering wheel. What all was involved with putting that in? Does the horn work?

very nice, very clean man, looks amazing
I want to know how u mounted and wired the cluster. and what u used to turn those bulbs red. How easy is it to take apart the ac controls?

Adamm: hey yeh, well the mileage was actually similiar to mine already, very very close, so that wasnt a problem and if it was i think I would be able to change the miles

As for the EG steering wheel, it doesnt fit in too perfect, I mean yeh it fits, but there is a gap, I just cut up 4 inch pcv pipe, painted it black and taylored it to fit and cover the gap, I was actually thinking about getting that DC steering wheel 3 post one, but I couldnt find it when I got this one about year and a half ago.

superthug: As for the color its actually a rich amber looking color, and it was a kind of a biotch to take apart the ac controls, so I made sure I did it right the first time, I also cut all those LED lights off as well, didnt like em, and for the cluster mounting I used part of the 95 integra cluster outer piece, and adapted it to our stock dash, with lots of bondo work, took quite a few hours, but it wasnt that bad, just busy work. The cluster harness I got lucky on and happen to get one with the cluster that I ordered. And you need to convert the cable VSS to an electronic one because thats the only way its going to read the speed VSS=Vehicle Speed Sensor. I also got that online

Any more q’s just hit me up or reply right here I will check often

Thats of the HOOK!!!

Mad props yo:up: nicely done. Wish i had the time to do something like that.:drool:

Oh okay. That makes sense about the mileage.

Thanks for the info about the EG wheel as well.

so for the instruemt lights u used colored bulbs. From where and how much?

Do you happen to have pics of how u custom fitted the cluster in? How did u convert to electrical the speedo? And the rest of the wires for the other gauges, they just plugged in? or you had to modify the harness?

I’m really impressed with custom things like that, looking very clean. Maybe ill give it a shot myself.

superthug: um no none of the bulbs are colored, they are all stock, just bulbs covers over them, the cluster was easy to do, but however not so easy with the climate and other buttons as well, I will get into more detail later

Oh DAMN! I like that.:drool: I am not usually a fan of things like that, but it turned out very good. I would like more details if you could. Great work :bow:

-Josh

“with lots of bondo work”

what exactly did you bondo? and how’d you apply bondo to the interior of the car??

Dude, that looks phat! I was thinking about doing that to my teg. On a side note, I noticed you have a DC steering wheel. Was that a pain in the ass to install? I got a DC steering wheel on EBAY. I didn’t realize it was a DC wheel and the dude that sold it to me said it would fit on my DA, but the collar (for the horn) and the stem don’t line up. it sticks out. How did you go about installing the wheel? Please email me (aquinol@windsliderproductions.com) Thanks!

when you give us more info on the install. we can archivethis

Originally posted by cdt ryu h
On a side note, I noticed you have a DC steering wheel.

Thats an JDM EG wheel as already discussed.

cool, thanks I’ll do a search for it! :slight_smile:

yeh Im working on the details, getting it organized, will try to get an intructions set, thanks for all the comments guys, by the way who moved this post here?? I could have sworn I posted in Interior section

Originally posted by HorizonTeg06
by the way who moved this post here?? I could have sworn I posted in Interior section

me too. :shrug:

Looks good…Nice Job!!:up:

I never seen anybody do this before.

hey can anyone point me to that thread on how to install the EG steering wheel, I can’t seem to find it cuz of all the crap I have to sort through and I’ve been looking since 1 this afternoon. Thanks

you da man:rockon: first saw that in a buddies DC never thought that I would ever realize it could actually work. incredible good work.

hey guys,

Man I just wanted to tell you how clean that looks, and I"m really interested in doing that conver… I got a friend that got a jdm one so hes gonna sell me his, I was wondering if you have aim HorizonTeg06… also what are all the things that are require to do this?

James