dc sports exhaust

i never new dc made a exhaust/axle back for our cars at some point. i thought mines was the only one but here is a picture of one for sale on craigslist http://bgky.craigslist.org/pts/4827377754.html and here is a picture of mine they have the dc sports logo on the muffler tip.
has anyone ever owned or seen these? just curious.

They made a very nice cat back exhaust in polished stainless steel. They were over $500.00 back in the day! I have one on my Integra and my CRX. The only thing I don’t like about it is it sticks out a little far with my 90 / 91 rear bumper. They only made these in the 92 / 93 length. I had to have my aftermarket cat converter shortened for it to bolt up on my 91 LS-S.

holy shit he only wants $125.00 for that! I would buy it just to put away! The question is, is the bottom scratched to hell or not.

Update: sold… to me! Now to see what shipping is going o cost. He said thy have no snow yet, so no sense in me driving up there to get it.

Haha wow I never knew man! I love mine! At first I was skeptical and thought it was an eBay with the tip welded on but there was subtle deifferences in the muffler and mines was polished. I picked up the whole exhaust pretty much brand new for 150. And then I got a magnaflow cat and it only sticks out a bit on my car which is a 92. But my picture makes it look far out. Glad you scooped it though. I think if this ever rusts out I’m gonna by the tanabe touring medallion. I love the oem look on these cars.

Rear shot of it

Your car will rust out before your exhaust does. These were made from stainless steel, the car was more than likely made from recycled steel. Hell I have gone through 3 different oem steel sunroof panels on my 91 CRX before I switched to a fiberglass and carbon fiber panel.

Oh, I forgot to thank you for the link so, thank you!

Haha that’s crazy man and no problem man glad I helped you out!

[QUOTE=2ndJenn;2323440]holy shit he only wants $125.00 for that! I would buy it just to put away! The question is, is the bottom scratched to hell or not.

Update: sold… to me! Now to see what shipping is going o cost. He said thy have no snow yet, so no sense in me driving up there to get it.[/QUOTE]

Ok cut to 9 months later, 20 + hours of driving and I finally have the exhaust from the Craig’s list link. And it turns out to be for a CRX, which might bum out most people but not me! Back in the day it took me forever to find a DC Sports cat back for my CRX. They were out of production and hard to come by. I finally found a Honda dealer in Connecticut that had a display one left. When they shipped it they just wrapped it in cardboard and it got a big dent in the middle of the can where you can see it when you look at the back of the car. This has driven me and my OCD crazy for years. Now I can swap it out for a perfect replacement!

that’s sick man! i’m possibly going to be parting my car out due to some frame damage from the previous owner. i feel like if that happens i should hang on to this exhaust. if that happens what do you think the resale value of this would be? its in pretty mint condition.

$ 400.00 if it is complete and undamaged.

wow lol mines is really clean. there might be a slight dent from the previous owner in the resonator but it affects nothing. I’ll post a picture right quick

These exhausts seen to hold up very well. I put mine on my Integra in 99 and it still looks brand new. The one on my CRX has been on since 2002 and it also still looks new ( except for the shipping dent) . Will be swapping out the muffler section for the new one so I don’t have to look at the dent anymore.