dead pedal removal????

hey guys, busy tearing interior out to hunt a leak

now i have removed the center of the dead pedal like ever thread on this topic says but there are no heads on the bolts like i read there should be.

are they mounted from the outside of the car?

If I remember correctly there are studs that are welded on the floor that simply use a 10mm nut to hold dead pedal on. So once you remove cover in the center of dead pedal you should be able to loosen the 10mm nuts. Most of DA’s I have owned were missing or had a loose dead pedal due to studs breaking off. I usually just go to the fender well and you can see a weld spot where the stud was installed and install a bolt to hold the dead pedal on. You might check driver fender well in case someone installed some other fastener type.

Post a picture of what you’re seeing under the center cover. There should be two bolt heads or nuts (can’t remember which) but if it’s broken it should be loose.

After iI checked the back of the inner fender it looked like studs were just jb welded in so i just pulled the dead pedal up really hard and it pulled out. I guess the previous owner broke the heads or something off of these and just jb welded it down. I will be either having 2 studs welded in or jb welding new ones in also. It’s a shame when you find janky shit like that on your car =(