Distributor cap discharging, shock

hi everyone

i have this problem , everytime when the car is on , i touch this point on the Distributor cap it shock my finger, is this normal ? or it is a bad Distributor cap? my car is a 90 odb0.

thats where the main coil touches the distributor cap on the inside before it goes thru the distributor rotor back to the distributor cap then wires to the spark plugs.

so are you saying this is normal? your car does the same thing? my other cars dont trip like that. i just dont believe this is normal!1:think:

:werd: nobody??

maybe u should consider changing ur cap n rotor.

does your car do the same? i will put a new cap on if this is not normal.

can somebody please tell me is it suppose to be like that or this is something else?

[QUOTE=coke;2042348]does your car do the same? i will put a new cap on if this is not normal.

can somebody please tell me is it suppose to be like that or this is something else?[/QUOTE]

… obviously not normal. are u sure u have all the grounds in tact? valve cover ground? head ground? etc?

also can u zoom out on ur pic a lil bit. and show the distributor fully, please.

like above check grounds open the cap check for any signs of wear.

:ot:

Also why the name coke?

I only ask cuz “Coke” was a very well respected head in the so cal Honda scene I say “was” because he passed a few months back in a late night bike crash on the 210 freeway none of the assholes who hit him even stopped.

[QUOTE=thatblkguy;2042631]like above check grounds open the cap check for any signs of wear.

:ot:

Also why the name coke?

I only ask cuz “Coke” was a very well respected head in the so cal Honda scene I say “was” because he passed a few months back in a late night bike crash on the 210 freeway none of the assholes who hit him even stopped.[/QUOTE]

well… if u actually knew or understood how the laws work around here… u’d know that if any of those ppl that actually did hit him, stopped… they’d probably get charged with manslaughter or something even if they hit him after he already hit someone or got hit by someone, or even if he was already dead. the only ones that are safe from prosecution are ones that did not even touch him with their vehicles.

wow, coke is kinda my nick name i got for my self, i didnt know about the other coke, that was terrible!! where can i find the story of what happen to him

i think i got my shit solved, i found two tiny cracks on the cap at where is trips, and ordered an accel clear red cap from amazone cuz is cheap 27 bucks free two day shipping!! i donno if is good but it fits my theme, i was gonna go msd coil and cap , it cost too much for me now , and i havent gone that far, i just keep it like that for now

p.s damn Squeezethis i see you everywhere i go man!!! lol and hei thanks for answering my Qs :rockon::rockon:

you should of went honda oem, not that bs accel clear color crap

yea i was gonna say u’d have to have some cracks somewhere… it could even be hairline, thats the only way shocks can occur.

but seriously tho, an oem cap n rotor is much more recommended. but since u already bought it, just keep an eye on that thing.

[QUOTE=coke;2042690]wow, coke is kinda my nick name i got for my self, i didnt know about the other coke, that was terrible!! where can i find the story of what happen to him

i think i got my shit solved, i found two tiny cracks on the cap at where is trips, and ordered an accel clear red cap from amazone cuz is cheap 27 bucks free two day shipping!! i donno if is good but it fits my theme, i was gonna go msd coil and cap , it cost too much for me now , and i havent gone that far, i just keep it like that for now

p.s damn Squeezethis i see you everywhere i go man!!! lol and hei thanks for answering my Qs :rockon::rockon:[/QUOTE]

honda tech