DIY Battery Hold Down

Years ago I replaced my OEM battery hold down with an aluminum Neuspeed one and threw out the old one. I never had an issue fitting it over the Canadian Tire battery I always bought. But the new battery I just got from Costco has raised covers on it that won’t let the 2" hold down sit flat. SO I began to look for either a tapered aluminum hold down or back to OEM. I found some ebay ones and the OEM I’m sure I could find at a junkyard and restore.
But instead I’m going to try this; I went to Home Depot and got a 1/8" x 1" x 1" right angle aluminum molding. It comes in 8 foot lengths and costs about 13$. Here is what it looks like
http://www.homedepot.ca/product/metal-angle-satin-clear-1-inch-x-1-inch-x-8-feet/944287

I’ll cut it to the proper length and have it sit on the edge of the battery like the OEM does. Then drill a hold at each end, in the corner fold, for the threaded J bars to pass through and attach the wing nuts on top. The J bars will sit in the OEM position. I’ll taper the outside 90 degree angle a little flat where the wing nut sits. As a nice touch I’ll round off the edges and may polish it.

I’ll post pics by next week of the results.

Just like the one I made at work sorta. Got some aluminum angle, then had my welder tig some small blocks on the ends and blend them. They had angled holes thru them and made some custom J hook type things also. Then I got my optima and made a whole custom tray. Battery doesnt even look held down, yet you can damn near pick the car up by the battery!