DIY Cleaning and Bleaching Tail lights

[b]Hey G2IC!

im a noobie on this site but posted this DIY on another site i always post on,
im sure someone has posted something like this on here before but i thought id share anyway :slight_smile:

Today while working on my car (1992 acura integra), really noticed how pink the white part of my tail lights had become so i did something about it, and thought i would share my little DIY with the community!

here goes, hope its helpful because i know it was with me!

First i removed the tail lights[/B]

Then i took off all the wiring harness and bulbs

Then you need a sink and this…

[B]
First i made sure the water was scolding hot and filled up the light and let it sit for a few minutes and swished the water around to get all the dust and grime that may be in the light and poured out (did this to both lights)

Then i poured bleach into each bulb hole and swished it around to make sure it covered everywhere, then i added a bit of hot water and carried on swishing around to get it all foamy inside, after 5 minutes i poured the water out and then re added bleach into the bulb holes with a bit of water and let the light sit face down while i now did the other light.

After i let the second light sit with the bleach in it, i rinsed out the first light until there was no more bubbles inside the light its self and let poured all the water out (depending on the light it may be hard to get it all out so you can use a hair dryer to evaporate all the moisture out)

Then i repeated with the second light, after both lights were done i re installed the bulbs and harness into the light and then onto my car

this is the outcome! as always this needs to be said…

PICTURES DO NOT DO JUSTICE (crappy cell phone cam) but they are bright white, and even the red went brighter.[/B]
tomorrow im also going to wet sand the outside lense with 3000 grit and polish to give it the wet look, will post )

Thanks for looking and i hope everything works for the people that try it!

There are a bunch of threads with people already doing this along with a teg tip on this forum.

So what, most threads don’t have pics anymore since the original poster’s usual delete them or the forum delete them. It’s always a good thing to have a update.

I remember my one of my close friends mention this to me, I honestly never consider actually doing this.But from you pictured example, i’ll give it a shot.

did you pour the solution in the red side also, or just the white?

It’s all the same.