DIY Cold Air intake!

So I’ve been requested to do a write up on my DIY “Hybrid” cold air intake.
Why “Hybrid” you ask? It partially uses your stock air intake.

Parts list:
old Civic air intake or 4inch diameter pipe with 120 Degree bend
Vibrant 2736 Silicone 4-Ply Hose Coupling 4"
4 inch intercooler pipe with 90 Degree or 45 degree bend
2 4 inch house clamps of your choice
[URL=“http://www.ebay.com/itm/K-N-Universal-High-Flow-Air-Filter-4-inch-I-D-RU-2520-/371281873670?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item56721fcb06&vxp=mtr”]Air Filter of your choice
12inch long Rubber Fuel Line
Can of your favorite paint :slight_smile:
Also G2IC.com Sticker :wink:

Its Hybrid because you can remove your old air filter box but keep the air hose, it perfectly aligns with 4 inch piping. You will not need any clamps there because there is a spring that holds it tight.
Remove all of your old plastic tubing that’s connected to your old air box that is behind your bumper under that box. To do that you need to remove the bumper.

Top part of the aluminum pipe: Well I had my old 96 Civic Si’s short ram intake sitting in the garage, so I cut it up to length and stuck it in to the OEM air intake hose. Before that I obviously painted it and stuck the G2IC decal on it. Also if you used civics short ram intake, cap off any unused holes.

Bottom pipe: I used aluminum pipe with 90 degree bend, you can use 45 degree pipe. That is up to you how you wanna angle your air filter. Mine sits a bit further away from the front and closer to the wheel.

Once you connect the two pipes with the coupling and tighten the hose clamps, you may hear rattle like your intake hits the metal. Well I have a fix for that. That is why you need a 12 inch piece of fuel line.

Fuel line Grommet: Make sure its long enough to go around the hole that the piping is going into, then cut it right down the middle along the line. now insert it around the edges of the hole.

All you have left is to stick your air filter on and put your bumper on.

WAY cool!

Man thanks so much for your quick response fr1s!! I’m new to this so I’m lucky I just happened to look under “what’s new” and find your response…don’t know how to keep up with my posts and who has responded…yeah I feel really stupid …anyway…really like the oem look as I’m trying to keep my also Aztec green machine as “factory” as possible and this looks like THE perfect solution awesome job!!..I’m assuming you would have to remove the fender to clean the air filter??

nope, just the bumper :slight_smile: or passenger fender liner… what ever is easier