DIY: DA R134 AC Conversion

Cool, so I wont have r12 even if I have condenser lines still hooked up? I just set up my suction/discharge lines back up with new o-rings. Guess ill take off the compressor to check it out. Then put new o-rings on the condenser connections.

I bought a new receiver/dryer and the old one’s connections did not have any o-rings. Should I add o-rings to the new receiver/dryer? The diagram on http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/jsp/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=INTEGRA&catcgry2=1991&catcgry3=3DR+LS&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=A%2FC%2BHOSES%2B-%2BPIPES&ListAll=All&vinsrch=no shows o-rings (number 1 on part number 8) and cant see what number is on part number 9 that connects to receiver.

Sorry don’t mean to thread jack. Any tips to cleaning a compressor? The connection holes to the compressor have been exposed for a while. Im going to vacuum and check for leaks tomorrow.

Correct. Once you disconnect or remove a major part of the system, the freon will most likely be gone.

Yes.

Simple Green & lots of rags worked for me.

BTW…I didn’t even know “eric the car guy” had a A/C video! I checked it out and he covers just about everything. I didn’t see him purge the yellow line or charge the high-side. Otherwise another great video by Eric. I think there are enough you tube videos out there now that cover everything to do this project.

Thanks. I cleaned out my compressor, replaced o-rings/drier, cleaned out my evap, and put in the suction/discharge lines. When I hooked up the AC manifold + vacuum I wasnt getting good vacuum, about 10 psi vacuum on low side, and none on the highside. Any ideas? I doubled checked the all the lines. Replaced the shrader valves too, maybe I didnt do it right?

Does it hold the 10psi? If not, you may have a leak somewhere. If you suspect a leak, put a can of freon with dye into the system and let it run. Hopefully you can find the leak with the dye.

I replaced the schrader valves again and still no luck. No vacuum at all on both sides. Im using the same vacuum pump with a compressor.
Did you put in oil before you vacuumed or after?

[QUOTE=Steezychristian;2267867]I replaced the schrader valves again and still no luck. No vacuum at all on both sides. Im using the same vacuum pump with a compressor.
Did you put in oil before you vacuumed or after?[/QUOTE]

Oil goes in before vacuum. You most likely have a leak. Put some die in it and see if you can find your leak.

[QUOTE=ng8650;2269791][/QUOTE]

Hey I have a 92 integra and the A/C compressor went out…I was wondering if you knew if I can use a Compressor from a newer integra and do the r134 conv? Thanks I would really appreciate your help.

-George email is geochel1@yahoo.com

Hey I have a 92 integra and the A/C compressor went out…I was wondering if you knew if I can use a Compressor from a newer integra and do the r134 conv? Thanks I would really appreciate your help.

-George

[QUOTE=TOWER176;2298594]Hey I have a 92 integra and the A/C compressor went out…I was wondering if you knew if I can use a Compressor from a newer integra and do the r134 conv? Thanks I would really appreciate your help.

-George[/QUOTE]

I’m guessing here but I believe that the AC line hookups are different between the DA and the DC. Please update us if you can confirm. My recommendation would be to pick up a brand new DA compressor from ebay. I bought one a couple of years ago for another DA and is still running strong. It was brand new and the price was reasonable ($150?). I remember it came from a vendor in Florida.

Thanks ok i will check ebay for it, so the DA and DC2 Compressors can run either r12 or r134 freon?