door dilemma

so my jackass nabior backed into my door. i was told i was getting a new door from the body shop and now i figure out that state farm will only pay for a USED door. they will repair it to “pre accident condition” so will only put a “quality used door” on. the door aint hit that bad one shop wonts to put on another door from god knows where and one shop whats to repair my origanal door. i cant make up my mind. on the new door side i would have a clean used door. but if i repair my door it will be the origanal door on a prevously good condition car

should i get a new USED door or have my origenal door repaired?

[QUOTE=ross93;2166833]so my jackass nabior backed into my door. i was told i was getting a new door from the body shop and now i figure out that state farm will only pay for a USED door. they will repair it to “pre accident condition” so will only put a “quality used door” on. the door aint hit that bad one shop wonts to put on another door from god knows where and one shop whats to repair my origanal door. i cant make up my mind. on the new door side i would have a clean used door. but if i repair my door it will be the origanal door on a prevously good condition car

should i get a new USED door or have my origenal door repaired?[/QUOTE]

got any self service junkyards around? tell your adjuster youll find your own quality used door and they can reimburse you for it. plus youll get to pull some shit off a junk integra to see how to put it back right, if you find one.

on the other hand they usually send you just the door skin from an auto recycler, those guys arent the brightest, but they usually know trash from good parts and theyve been taking cars apart for decades so its like cakewalk for them and they usually wont fuck up good used body panels.

All of the above:iagree:

i’d rather have a new used door in good condition than a repaired old one.

There’s no such thing as a “NEW USED DOOR”.
Its ether New or used;)

First of all you just wasting your time unless you just want a posting thread. Second of all let the insurance do the deciding and allow them to pick the right bodyshop to do the work for you and less hassle for you.

you trust that your insurance company has your best interest in mind?
insurance companies couldnt care any less about the people they insure, its all dollar signs to them. the cheaper they can handle a situation the better. especially if it means cutting corners that they think no one will notice.

if you want something done right, you do it yourself. the only reason i have insurance is because the law says so and im not rich enough to self insure yet. i dont claim shit to my insurer. fender benders caused by someone else? money goes in my pocket and i fix it myself. otherwise if it gets banged up its just like any other repair, you wouldnt call your insurance company to fix your engine would you? i could care less, its just a car. the price you pay in insurance premium increases, deductibles and all the other bullshit insurance lingo, you could have fixed the shit yourself for much cheaper.

my head hurts. RUN to a li-berry and check out a dic-shun-airy.

thanks to the ones that gave legit answers
i thought i was getting a new skin, but aparently not. that would be my second choice if i cant get a new door im going to see if i can get that cause a new skin is same price as a used door but prob more labor

[QUOTE=OMG Its Weasel;2166923]you trust that your insurance company has your best interest in mind?
insurance companies couldnt care any less about the people they insure, its all dollar signs to them. the cheaper they can handle a situation the better. especially if it means cutting corners that they think no one will notice.

if you want something done right, you do it yourself. the only reason i have insurance is because the law says so and im not rich enough to self insure yet. i dont claim shit to my insurer. fender benders caused by someone else? money goes in my pocket and i fix it myself. otherwise if it gets banged up its just like any other repair, you wouldnt call your insurance company to fix your engine would you? i could care less, its just a car. the price you pay in insurance premium increases, deductibles and all the other bullshit insurance lingo, you could have fixed the shit yourself for much cheaper.[/QUOTE]

i would be going thought his insurace so it would not be on mine i think. my car was parked anyway. state farm tryed to lowball me a loss of use of $10 a day but them bumped it up to $25 after alot of bitching

its spelled lieberry cause its all lies:giggle::giggle: