door lock problem

Every once in a while i will unlock the door using the poewr locks from drivers side to let a passenger in, but the door wont open. The lock is up all the way, but the door just wont open. Then I try opening it from inside and it still doesnt work. After that i wil lock the doors again and unlock them and it will work! Can somebody tell me what the problem is? This only happens 1 out of 30 times. :confused:

Take you door panel apart and see if you have a problem with the door latch lever that connects from the interior door handle and the exterior door handle. I had the same problem with my drivers door and the drivers rear door… Some times the bar that opens the door gets bent just right and doesn’t work anymore so see if it is slightly bent.

this is a little different… but… in mine… manual lock… the drivers side wont lock or unlock from the inside without pulling the release lever a bit out… anyone know what’s wrong?

Originally posted by tegboi
this is a little different… but… in mine… manual lock… the drivers side wont lock or unlock from the inside without pulling the release lever a bit out… anyone know what’s wrong?

If this is with the door open, then there is nothing wrong. The door is designed so that you don’t lock your keys in the car. It was the same setup on my Civic, and on my Integra.

If the door is closed and you have to pull the lever to lock it, I’m not sure what is wrong.

it happens with door open, and door closed… it’s akward…:frowning: