Drilled slotted rotors

I need some help on new rotors, my rotors are getting old and i want to replace them. front and rear. or just the front. what kind of cross drilled slotted rotors should i get for my DA? and do i need to spend a lot of money?:rockon:

No you don’t have to spend that much money … I got the bear oem replacement roters for 120 from options auto…
And I have power stop on the rear that ran me like 80 bucks for the pair from a shop here in diego. I like them a lot

would you believe me if i told you that plain oem (or equivalent) rotors are better then drilled/slotted/pokadoted/zebra striped rotors?

• juan

stick with blank rotors…

alright…thanks for the help…since the blank rotors have good reviews, i’ll just replace them with stock oem.

drilled/slotted rotors are bad because they crack, wear out your pads weirdly and a lot faster and provide less braking area. check out some wilwood, brembo etc big brake kits and you’ll notice most come with plain rotors. and if you ever wondered why ferrari, porsche etc put them on their cars, well its purely aesthetics. go spend a day at your local race track and you’ll see a good amount of cars just running oem rotors with a very aggressive pad.

Funny, I’ve recall seeing Nascar, F1 or LeMans cars run blanks, lol. But I’m sure on cars light as ours, blanks are just fine. And I mean light in comparison.

My 90 Legend weighs 3200+ and I run Hawk pads with Brembo cross drilled and slotted rotors. I am not going to bother listing reasons, all I know is that I felt a huge difference in all kinds of driving around, from stop and go traffic to mountain runs.

slotted and cross drilled rotors do make a difference in heavy cars. i had some on my 99 tahoe. it would make a dusty mess but after i threw those on, i would never encounter fadeafter going up and down hills, towing or any other brake intensive sondition. that thing probably stops better than my teg! i jumped on the slotted/ cross drilled bandwagon and will be putting some brembos with the slots and holes on my teg along with my legend swap. i guess i’ll see what happens!

[QUOTE=Boosted_90Teg;1996516]Funny, I’ve recall seeing Nascar, F1 or LeMans cars run blanks, lol. But I’m sure on cars light as ours, blanks are just fine. And I mean light in comparison.
[/QUOTE]
i’ll assume you meant you dont recall seeing.
thats cause you’ve never looked. here’s something to think about.

Remember F1 runs carbon rotors not cast Iron like we do, but I do agree normal blanks will do just fine. I personaly run Brembo Blanks with Brembo pads on my ITR brakes.

i’m pretty sure he meant that he has seen them on those cars.

maybe. but they’re so nice to look at so :rockon:

If crossdrilled rotors are what you have your heart on then check out www.tutuauto.com

I picked up a set and they came in good shape, and most importantly not warped… and I paid $90 CAD for all four. They have regular drilled and Enhanced drilled depending on your preference, and 10 color choices for the hubs and vents…

Don’t get too excited about the colors tho… A shot of brake cleaner and it melts off. I suspect the color might last after it’s baked from the brake heat.
I had to repaint mine, but hey… $90!! for all four!

drilled and dimpled ftw

slotted and dimpled… EBC FTW!!!

Brembo blanks + hawk pads FTW!

[QUOTE=m0ebius;2002743]If crossdrilled rotors are what you have your heart on then check out www.tutuauto.com

[/QUOTE]

I forgot to mention, they use brand name rotors,… the brembos I chose would have cost me more undrilled.

another vote for slotted and dimpled EBC rotors. I have them all the way around and like them

I’m running Genuine Brembo Slotted not the ebay drilled and slotted version of a brembo blank and Endless CCA pads. At first I thought the rotors were great until they “warped,” I would go with a oem blank rotor and aggressive pad OR get a Dixcel blank rotor, which I will be doing soon as I get a job.