Driveshaft stuck!

Any tips on getting a driver’s side halfshaft unstuck from intermediate shaft. Have tried crowbar, ball joint separtor, 12"flathead screwdriver for 2 hours and it will not come out, Thanx

Nevermind, came out after I beat the hell out of it with a hammer

“Nevermind, came out after I beat the hell out of it with a hammer”

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU JUST MADE MY DAY!!! :rofl: :lol: :rofl:

Stew :up:

Hey Bro.

Do you have any good time saving tips on the removale, other than beating the piss out of it? :think: I gotta do this tomarrow in under 5 hours. :sad:

A nice pry bar works for me. I just slowly pry and keep it going around till it comes lose and bam it pops out.

Ya gotta use a snap-on pry bar. It’s better, trust me :smiley: … well, mine came out easily, anyways…

Spoken like a true mechanic.

The thing that gets me is the price snap-on charges for some of it’s parts and going into that litttle truck they drive around in.

NISIF - what exactly did you beat on? i’ve got the intermediate shaft and axle out, but can’t get these things seperated for the life of me. i’ve been pryin’ with a crowbar, with another extension on it. this thing just won’t budge. any tips you have for me would be greatly appreciated.

Slowly work your way around where the axle goes into the intermediate shaft.

thanks for the reply dog, but i just got two people to pry on it from either side. that finally worked out.

hey i just changed my drivers side driveshaft out last week and every since ive had problems
everytime i accelerate between 1k and 3k rpm the car vibrates
does anybody know what it might be?
and when you use a balljoint seperater on the lower ball joint does it hurt the ball joint?

i have no idear what the ball joint seperator will do to you car. i alwayz use a 6’ bar, and, well, i hope you can figure out what to do with it, because i’m tooooo drizzunk to explain it. I’ve changed my cv shafts about 6 times(about 3 on each side), and i’ve never had a problem with it(also, i’ve heated the lower ball joint up, and every time i did so, the boot caught on fire from the torch i put on it, but even so, it never caused any problems).
hope that makes sense.

about your car vibrating, you should be a little more specific. try to determine were the vibration is comin’ from, and take it from there, mmmmmmmkay?

p.s. my bro just said don’t wiggle me, hahahahahahha.

Originally posted by relentlessg2
hey i just changed my drivers side driveshaft out last week and every since ive had problems
everytime i accelerate between 1k and 3k rpm the car vibrates
does anybody know what it might be?
and when you use a balljoint seperater on the lower ball joint does it hurt the ball joint?

Did you tourque down the balljoint nut? That may cause a vibration.

i didnt know there was a torque spec for that nut
i assumed that all you needed to do was tighten it as tight as you can by hand then stick the cotter (sp?) pin through
what if you tigtened it to a specific spec then the holes didnt line up?

I believe you’re suppose to back it off till you can stick a cotter pin through it.

The only problem I’ve ever had with the balljoint is the nut would keep spinning and it wouldn’t tighten all the way, which I used a impact to tighten it up instead of doing it by hand.