ebay short shifters

i understand how maybe having a poorly welded shifter can break due to temperature changes, but the shifter doesnt get that warm unless you have your heat shield removed. also, i dont see how a short shifter can wear out your syncros more that a stock one can, i tihink it depends more on the driver.

i understand how maybe having a poorly welded shifter can break due to temperature changes, but the shifter doesnt get that warm unless you have your heat shield removed

2 things to point out

1. Most people with short shifters do have to remove the heatshield cause the short shifter rubs on it and the shifter does get hot
  2. The original post was about ebay short shifters, not DC sports or any other more expensive shifter, keep that in mind. That will help this person make up their mind easier.

got the ebay short shifter today and installed it and it works fine, i should have got poly bushings but i dont have money, the stock ones seem to work fine…:smiley:

does yours seem to vibrate or rub the exhaust? I am wondering if the difference in 90-91 and 92-93 exhaust differences make a difference here cause mine rubs the exhaust pipe going into 5th. Weird?

Originally posted by Shaun Ladd
does yours seem to vibrate or rub the exhaust? I am wondering if the difference in 90-91 and 92-93 exhaust differences make a difference here cause mine rubs the exhaust pipe going into 5th. Weird?

that happens to every short shifter. you can take off the exhaust heat shield.

I took off all of my heat shields but my short shifter actually rubs on the exhaust pipe after the cat. Most noticeably going into 5th. I am going to try to bend down the exhaust hangers.

you can actually cut off some of the counter linkage… B R did it on his.

I’ve had my cheapo $20 short shifter from ebay for about 9 months now and I am still short shifting away without any problems. I have replaced the bushings with some neuspeeds though. :up:

I bent the exhaust hangers a little and that fixed the problem. I still can’t get used to the notchy feeling though. I may switch back to stock some day. BUt for now it works.