EC Tune

Anyone tried it yet? I think we’re (my shop) is going to soon enough.

Great stuff. Will be tuning my accord with it this weekend.

Been using it for a qhile love it.

boost by gear right?

Those of you who have used it have you compared it to hondata and neptune? we’re really considering going this route.

My buddy has hondata S300 on his all motor accord. Between seeing the 2 different systems ran. Its just seems like eCtune is still a little behind in development of some of the systems. I mainly went the eCtune route because of the cost involved. I’m currently running 7psi and a 50 Hp shot on top of that on my stock block. With tuning the nitous through the ecu. Its worked great for me so far.

Don’t know if that helps you any though.LOL

Kinda. I’ve already compared it to Hondata, and I’m completely confused as to how you could say it’s a few steps behind. Calvin set out to purposely make sure it was leaps ahead of the rest and it’s my understanding so far that it is. Other users I’ve talked to anyway say it’s only real downfall is the necessity of an ostrich.

yes boost by gear, Well just about anything by gear. Running 296 whp on 17psi on ls motor. Going for 300+ on ls vtec motor as soon as she is back from paint. I love ectine. I have used crome and this is way more advanced and user freindly. Plus the support forum and all the help you can recieve makes it so worth it in my opinion. Plus the fact that you can directly import your O2 readings straight from your lc-1

I bought it. It’s here. Can’t wait to start playinnaround with it.:clap:

you dont have to use the ostrich read it burn it. get it :angel:

:tsk:
Besides the ostrich is linked to the machine you load EC Tune to. The system has locks in place that forces you to use the ostrich. Calvin has set it up that way on purpose.

I got i loaded to my laptop last night finally. Soon as my license shows up I will mess around with it.

I load mine onto my laptop and cuddle up with it to go to sleep.

MantisX

b.s. icemangsr i have done it the ostrich is a chip that you can read so if you read it you can save the cal and then burn it to a chip. i have do this for some time now. there is no way for the program to lock in a the ostrich because its a chip that you can read.

Actually no. I just called one of our sponsors, and the people who sold me my license. . . XENOCRON. They indicated to me that the ONLY way to be able to burn ECTune Cals to a chip is by buying a tuner license. This is a security measure put in place by them to prevent people from only purchasing an individual license, and then going out and tuning/burning chips for people. If that was the case you could take your laptop which is linked to your ostrich through ECTune, put it on another car, tune it, then burn it to a chip. You could be charging people to do that and ECTune would not be getting their dues. That’s why they sell two versions.

Do you have the Tuner version or are you an authorized tuner for ECTune and thereby hold a Tuner’s license?

i just have the single tune. and they dont what you to know that you can do this ok so dont make waves here. take you chip burner read your ostrich under 27c256. then verify the buffer then take it out then put a chip in burn it verify it then go try it. trust me it works. i dont sale my tunes i just did so i dont have to run the ostrich all the time.

I’m not trying to make waves man calm down. I’m learning ECTune from scratch. I don’t see why they would say that if it wasn’t really true. I don’t disbelieve you either. BUt i would think to minimize the chances of these things happening, tehre woudl be some security.

Yeah I was under the impression that pro is for 1 car, one user only. There is supposed to be measures in place that prevent what you claim you can do. In any case im happy with my single usage.

MantisX

they just say it to keep you from doing it. look i just tell what i have done. it works just try it. tell me what you think when you do it. or just take it with a grane of salt. I will never sale it to gain a profite but i know people that are just like crome there are way around the security.:read: