ecu codes for pr4

we were installing a motor in my brother’s car and are using a pr4 ecu. he has a 90 civic dx, which was dpfi, and we put a zc using mpfi. he is throwing an 87 on the pr4. everything was converted we don’t know what’s going on, does anybody know a good site or code translation guide? i looked and can’t find anything, i always get other results. thanks

http://g2ic.com/tegtips/engine/13.html

Honda, for the most part, kept the same ECU codes across all lines for those years. Which code is it throwing?

well now it’s throwing a code 4, which is injection system. we checked all wires for continuity, and the right pins, they are all perfect, i checked resistance in all the injectors, they are all good. i really dont know what the problem could be, it’s weird…

well, now he has a code 4 (TDC, crank sensor, and cylinder sensors) and his motors cuts off at 3000RPM with the PR4 ECU, does the same thing with a PM6 ECU…what could be the problem here? he searched, and tried everything…the motor has no nuts and cuts real early…

It’s in limp mode if you haven’t figured that out :wink:

Sounds like he seriously screwed up the wiring or got some plugs mixed up.

ok, well that would explain a lot. like i said, we had to change it from DPFI to MPFI… maybe we got some wiring fucked…i just need the wiring schema for the PR4 obd0, but can’t find it, i always just find the PM5, 6 and 7 or PR3…if i could get my hands on this, we can get this bitch running…

ok, since i am running on the PR4 ECU, the zc dizzy’s crank position sensor (code 4!) has 16 paddles on the rotor, while the pr4’s crank sensor rotor has 24 paddles. i would think that this would give the ECU wrong signals, because the TDC sensor is saying that it is positioned in one place, whereas the crank sensor is saying it’s somewhere else. would this set the ECU in limp mode? since we are running on the ZC dizzy (the damn bastard engine won’t accept ANY other dizzy as what we’ve seen, we tried LS dizzy, dx dizzy, si dizzy, accord dizzy, nothing works…would i absolutely need the ZC ECU because of this, or would i be able to change the rotors without breaking the dizzy? i need an answer real fast, i searched, and there is nothing on this subject because it’s not anything that many people seek attention to. thanks a lot for your answers, this is a very gruesome project lol