ECU Question

I am planning to swap a B16 head onto the B18 block on my 91 GS. I am pretty confident with this swap, except for the ECU. I am just wondering if anyone who has done this swap can give me some ideas for a good ECU to use and a good program. Any advice would be much appreciated!
Thanx in advance,
Jeff

Non-OBD Pr3 or PW0 …

When you say non-ODB you mean ODB0, am I right? Can anyone shed some light on a good program to use with the ECU? Thanks!

ECU program depends on your car. The only way to really know is to get it Dyno tuned…

OBD 0 is the wrong way to say Non-OBD… Its just before they had On Board Diagnostics. So how could you have the 0 version of something.

anyway do a search this. It has been cover i bizllion times on ever honda board on the internet. just take a little time and look for youself. you might learn something new along the way.

:ok:

Ok thanks a lot…I will search around for some more information. I am kind of new to this forum so I wasn’t sure how to search for stuff. Thanks for the help though…I appreciate it.
Jeff

i think using a obd1 from a 94 95 gsr ecu with upgrade would be cool, but first, lsvtec wont be a daily driver! bottom ls block wont shoot oil to top b16 block normally so then nottom block then needs some build up or stroked out! if you race hardcore with the b16 head on your gs block, your car wont last you! i knoe someone who didnt even last 5 months on lsvtec and his motor blew! good luck tho! laterz.

so you’re saying that i should get a 94-95 gsr ecu and then upgrade it to work with the b16 head? i will need to get new internals if im racing the b16 head on a b18 block a lot?

Originally posted by g2ls_integ
i think using a obd1 from a 94 95 gsr ecu with upgrade would be cool, but first, lsvtec wont be a daily driver! bottom ls block wont shoot oil to top b16 block normally so then nottom block then needs some build up or stroked out! if you race hardcore with the b16 head on your gs block, your car wont last you! i knoe someone who didnt even last 5 months on lsvtec and his motor blew! good luck tho! laterz.

he has a 91 GS this car is Non-OBD the 94-95 is OBD1. Not a good idea to try and change to OBD 1.

Just do a search on LS/VTEC or LSVTEC or LS\VTEC it’s all out there… Stroking the Block is not necessary…