EGR valve options

You’re right. I just read through the manual and came here to state the same thing. I have the wiring manual too. I’m going to take a look at that to see if there could be any more clues.

Here are the images from the wiring manual. Any ideas? I may have to step through the Helms troubleshooting process again. I have an aftermarket solenoid and EGR valve now. I’m wondering if I have too many variables. I don’t have specs on the solenoid nor the valve to determine if they function using the same voltage/vacuum parameters.

My Spanish is too basic to understand that video but I think I understand what he was doing.

Weird thing: I just realized that my 7.5A ECU backup fuse has been blown. I don’t know how long it’s been like this. I’ll see if that clears my ECU light.

1 Like

ECU light was still on this morning but I’ll check when I get home today to see if it’s blown. I haven’t driven the car much due to the heat lately (car has no AC)

So no change at all. I may have to look into voltages while the car is running to see if I can pinpoint the mismatch. Maybe the valve I bought is completely incompatible.