Emergency! Brake question!

this is the wrong forum, i know that, but i need to know quickly and general discussion is where most people pass through anyways. heres my problem.

my friend has 10.5 inch power stop rotors, his car was totalled and his dad told me to get the rotors because they werent included in the estimate. so i was wondering if i could just give him my rotors, and ill take his. is this a possible swap? is it as easy as it sounds?

his car will be sent to HAP recycling tomorrow! help me please!

what kinda car was it? that’s rather important.
~Lance

95 civic coupe onto my 91 integra

sorry for not posting that info

TTT

Is this the front only? Your front rotors are 10.3" so I imagine that 10.5" will fit without adjustment of the caliper mounting bracket. However, your rears are 9.4" so 10.5" will definitely NOT fit without modification to the Caliper mounting bracket.

I would say no to the rears. I guess that the fronts will work, but I think that PowerStops are a waste of money.

Sorry I can’t be exact, but you need to be a lot more specific.

good luck

Originally posted by GSpeedR
[B]Is this the front only? Your front rotors are 10.3" so I imagine that 10.5" will fit without adjustment of the caliper mounting bracket. However, your rears are 9.4" so 10.5" will definitely NOT fit without modification to the Caliper mounting bracket.

I would say no to the rears. I guess that the fronts will work, but I think that PowerStops are a waste of money.

Sorry I can’t be exact, but you need to be a lot more specific.

good luck [/B]

how much more specific? so i know what to say next time.
in turn, you are doing what i did, tell me how specific i need to be so i know your not just trying to make me look like a idiot

You said that you needed an answer “tonight”. Your question was incredibly vague. I gave you an answer as specific as I could, and as quickly as I could, to help you make a decision before the car goes to the recylcler. I even researched the rotor specs of the Integra to help you out further.

Next time:
1.)mention both cars initially to get faster answers.
2.)specify if front or rear or both.
3.) tell us every bit of information you have regarding your question, especially if a wrong decision will leave you screwed.

Finally, no I am not making you out to be an idiot. I gave you an answer before the car was taken away, and I don’t think it is unreasonable. Don’t confuse helping with harming.

Originally posted by GSpeedR
[B]You said that you needed an answer “tonight”. Your question was incredibly vague. I gave you an answer as specific as I could, and as quickly as I could, to help you make a decision before the car goes to the recylcler. I even researched the rotor specs of the Integra to help you out further.

Next time:
1.)mention both cars initially to get faster answers.
2.)specify if front or rear or both.
3.) tell us every bit of information you have regarding your question, especially if a wrong decision will leave you screwed.

Finally, no I am not making you out to be an idiot. I gave you an answer before the car was taken away, and I don’t think it is unreasonable. Don’t confuse helping with harming. [/B]

appreciate it much, and there should be more people like you in this world